• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATS Tranny's & Components

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
Are they worth the price? I saw a post about a Suncoast fully built tranny for about 6K shipped and everything... ATS's go all the way up past 10K... is the purple paint worth it if I want to beef up my tranny?

No, just about everyone runs on Suncoast, the only time you really ever see anyone running ATS is if its the owner of a shop that sells ATS stuff or there sponsored by ATS. I got a great deal on a barely used PI Goerend triple disk converter, and I plan on getting a Suncoast Gmax kit, and tackle it myself this summer, I'll have less than $2500 into my trans, and I'll be one very very happy camper.

That Suncoast is your best bet. :thumbsup:

Alot of ATS trannys down this way. The labor was done local but all the internals are ATS. I went with the 5 star TC shifts well. Both are good I thinks its more of a matter of your price range. I see people with both brands doing everything.

Does your converter have any rattle to it? I've heard a lot of complaints about that. I've never had anything ATS so I'm just passing second hand information.

Other "Problem" I've Heard about the ATS Tranny's are them Running WAY Hot.

Not sure if it's due to the Increased Line Pressure or not, but Suncoast Raises the Line Pressure as well, and I haven't Heard of any Temperature Problems with them.

I have a Suncoast stage V installed at Suncoast...I'm think of a light refresh when I swap motors after the build...I'll get the parts for that from MikeL...he's got some newer things that should be ready by that time...they might be already out...call him...I know I will...

Back