• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Are my shocks bad or what?

Super Dave

Reaction score
After going over bumps of any kind, there is a shudder in the truck like it's still shaking off the bump it just rolled over. The sensation is pretty even back to front, so that's why I'm thinking shocks and not thinking steering components. I have just under 50K on my stock shocks and I've never been impressed with them anyway. Is this my excuse to finally put in some Bilstein shocks or do I have other issues? I appreciate your opinions!

Thanks,

Dave

Yes and no. Yes, you need new shocks. I replaced a stock set on a buddies 05 with 25k and we couldnt believe the condition they were in. 3 out of 4 never decompressed when you compressed them in. The other one had like ZERO resistance when you were compressing. 25k and they were shot. The stock shocks are pure trash.

Get with Nor-Cal-Nick here. He'll square you away.

25k an they acted like that. i got 112k on mine. cant wait to get those off .... :D

Bilstein's are a great shock to upgrade to. They offer a great ride for these heavy trucks.

I have shocks in stock.

Nor-Cal Nick

Nick,

Which item #'s do you suggest for front and back. I don't have any type of lift currently, but I'm thinking about possibly cranking the t-bars just enough to level the truck. I looked on your website and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right shocks.

Thanks.

Dave

Rancho RSX9000 is a good choice to consider too - adjustable so you can set based on your load.

nick, truck is most likely gettin bilsteins and most likely comin from you.:D gonna do an ~4-6 drop. do the 5100's come in a size that will accomodate that??

Nick,

Which item #'s do you suggest for front and back. I don't have any type of lift currently, but I'm thinking about possibly cranking the t-bars just enough to level the truck. I looked on your website and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right shocks.

Thanks.

Dave

Dave I have a question. I just re-did the Bilstein's on my site to better help customers with there choice on shocks. Is it not clear or did you not look and read the description. Really I am asking because if the way I did it is not user friendly then I need to know.

This is the link:
http://www.norcaltruck.com/shop/index.php?cPath=2_21_107

Feed back is great...

Nick,

I didn't see that particular section on my first time through the site. The link you sent me is crystal clear. I didn't see the 4-pack option for 0-1.5" originally, so I was confused about putting together the appropriate front and rear shocks, but with the 4-pack it should be fine.

Thanks,

Dave

Nick,

I didn't see that particular section on my first time through the site. The link you sent me is crystal clear. I didn't see the 4-pack option for 0-1.5" originally, so I was confused about putting together the appropriate front and rear shocks, but with the 4-pack it should be fine.

Thanks,

Dave

Where did you see the shocks the first time?

Thanks for the info, I am trying my best to make it easier for people:)

Nick,

Sorry for the delay here. When I first went to the site, I clicked on "Bilstein" and it took me to the page that had all of your shocks listed individually and I didn't see the 4-pack I was looking for at that time, so I thought I would have to put my own front and rear shocks together. That's what prompted my first question. Sorry about all of this confusion. The site really does look great!

Thanks,

Dave

Super Dave,
Thank you for telling me that. I didn't think about that happening and will fix it so it takes you to the right page.

If you have anymore questions I can help you with let me know.

Thanks

got this dual shock setup from norcalnick, it rides way better

Attachments

• kmc 004.jpg
    kmc 004.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
  • cognito install 004.jpg
    cognito install 004.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 14
nick your site seems to be down. i went to go to the product line and this is what came up,
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/norcaltruck.com/httpdocs/product_lines.html on line 1

though i would let you know. i will be in the market for shocks for my 1500 soon.

Yea ... we are changing company's at this point because I am not happy with the speed and then it has been hit or miss the last almost 2weeks, I just want to :incazzato:

I changed mine out at 4,000 miles. The stock shocks were junk! You can push them down in your hands very easy.

Back