• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Are my headlights too bright

At my age, any flashers would be pull their jugs out of their seat belts.

I will say that when we stayed the night on the mooring at Avalon, there many nice twenty something’s on kayaks and floaties and thong bikinis seem to be real popular. Like more popular than my lures were to the marlin. There was some fine meat floating around.
I know her. She lives a few miles away. Nips poke out right above her belt. Sweet lady though.

In the 1980's a friend had a mini monster truck with a big light bar.
Met a car that would not dim it's lights. So he flipped all of his on.

The cop seemed really pissed off when he was writing the ticket

It’s weird because when I drive it, I feel like the driver’s side headlight needs to move more to the left. Also feel like the bulb in the passenger side is not as bright or the bulb needs to be rotated. Either way, the concentrated part of the beans needs to be further apart.

I will do the Will L tale of the tape measurement tonight. Have a very slight downward incline to the driver before the garage. Guess I could put a level on the roof and place boards under the front tires until level. Won’t be more than a sheet or two of plywood.

They do have LED housings for the GMT 400, but they are pricey:

MOVOTOR LED Headlight Assembly Replacement 500% Bright Anti-glare Headlights with Welcome DRL Turn Signal Lights Compatible with 1988-1998 Chevy GMC C/K 1500 2500 3500 Suburban Silverado Tahoe Yukon
https://a.co/d/bEHRAtn

View attachment 83264

Also, it would take a bit for the look to wear on me.
You’ll likely ignore this but, in my experience (and that of anyone else I've talked to) pretty much all aftermarket lights absolutely SUCK for output, since they’re designed to look “cool” and that’s about it.
Have to go really high end to get anything that actually works for seeing at night, which is stupid because, isn’t that kind of the point of having headlights?! 😆

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You’ll likely ignore this but, in my experience (and that of anyone else I've talked to) pretty much all aftermarket lights absolutely SUCK for output, since they’re designed to look “cool” and that’s about it.
Have to go really high end to get anything that actually works for seeing at night, which is stupid because, isn’t that kind of the point of having headlights?! 😆
They work better than what I had and it’s really my only option.

*High* beams has been a thing on the road. I drive commercially and the amount of light bars and non DOT approved conversion headlamps is on the rise out there on the highways and byways. The main offender is the LACK of consideration (dimming for oncoming traffic) and the LACK of properly matched fixtures/bulbs that blast light in all directions. The word here is 'cutoff line' for low beams, which means, use bulbs that are good for your lamp housing if not sealed beam halogen. LEDs cannot reproduce the light patterns that OE style halogens in their respective housings can produce.. Thus even low beams can blind oncoming traffic. This traffic includes an 80,000 pound tankers (among others) carrying hazardous materials. It is a real hazard.

Back