• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone runnin' CB's?

Cobra Nightwatch, had it peaked n tweaked. Gets out there pretty good. I dont know if I like the mount location, I want to cut up the lower cubby and put it in there, but there is lots of plastic to remove in the back to make it a flush mount and I would still need an external speaker. I had one but it ended up on the kids go kart :biggrin5:

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

I have a Galaxy DX959(30watts) and a white tornado 225+(225 watts) for a linear on a Dave made antena talking through an astatic noise canceling mic. I can talk to four different towns on a clear night with mine and with my buddys in thiers. It is real nice when you live in the middle of no were and cell phone signals drop out everywere;). All of my buddys have similar setups, when we go on a road trip it makes it alot more fun. I also agree with what other have said about getting reports. I can recieve 15 miles with this setup barefoot on a clear night and no hills, great antenna):h.

cbsystem.jpg

galaxycloseup.jpg

Cobra 75

I've got the cobra 75, You can see it in my garage pics.

It's for sale if anyone would like to buy it.
I just never use it. The girlfriend gripes whenever I have it on during long road trips:banghead:

$50 shipped.

I paid $119 for it about 2 years ago.:drool5:

I've got the cobra 75, You can see it in my garage pics.

It's for sale if anyone would like to buy it.
I just never use it. The girlfriend gripes whenever I have it on during long road trips:banghead:

$50 shipped.

I paid $119 for it about 2 years ago.:drool5:
Mods, can you move this to "for sale" thread please?

I have a Galaxy DX959(30watts) and a white tornado 225+(225 watts) for a linear on a Dave made antena talking through an astatic noise canceling mic. I can talk to four different towns on a clear night with mine and with my buddys in thiers. It is real nice when you live in the middle of no were and cell phone signals drop out everywere;). All of my buddys have similar setups, when we go on a road trip it makes it alot more fun. I also agree with what other have said about getting reports. I can recieve 15 miles with this setup barefoot on a clear night and no hills, great antenna):h.

View attachment 857

View attachment 858
Nice set up! My Texas Ranger is peaked and tuned and receives from about 6 miles. It transmits up to 5 miles with no hills on a clear night. My buddy and I tried it in an urban area with some hills and it will go about 3 miles. I was pretty happy with that. The only thing about Southern California is that NO ONE talks here. It is great on road trips though. I ALMOST got the Galaxy (smaller version), but being from Texas, I has to go with my current set up.:ihih:

Some nice setups there. Byron you're making me want to put on in my ride.
Cason, I would definitely do it, especially in your area and with farming....it can be very useful. Too bad we couldn't talk from state to state.....now THAT would be the stuff.:cornut:

yep, i have one as well (cobra) with a firestick ant.

Last edited:
Nice set up! My Texas Ranger is peaked and tuned and receives from about 6 miles. It transmits up to 5 miles with no hills on a clear night. My buddy and I tried it in an urban area with some hills and it will go about 3 miles. I was pretty happy with that. The only thing about Southern California is that NO ONE talks here. It is great on road trips though. I ALMOST got the Galaxy (smaller version), but being from Texas, I has to go with my current set up.:ihih:

Thanks! I like it alot. I had to change my antena location. This cb seems to be more sensitive than my last one(superstar 121) to that sort of thing. I like the Texas Rangers too. That would be one of my top choices for a radio. What is your Ranger putting out? Do you have pictures of your setup?

Thanks! I like it alot. I had to change my antena location. This cb seems to be more sensitive than my last one(superstar 121) to that sort of thing. I like the Texas Rangers too. That would be one of my top choices for a radio. What is your Ranger putting out? Do you have pictures of your setup?

I think the wattage is around 15-20, but not sure. Pics are in this very thread and in my albums...check 'em out.

Cason, I would definitely do it, especially in your area and with farming....it can be very useful. Too bad we couldn't talk from state to state.....now THAT would be the stuff.:cornut:
Got any recs for a setup? I don't know anything about them. Other than I've got several OLD cobras laying around.

galaxy 99 with a dave made 1000watt linear:sifone: through a wilson 1000 here. Not sure how far I can talk but it is a good ways, people that work for me say they have heard me from more than 40mi away.

Got any recs for a setup? I don't know anything about them. Other than I've got several OLD cobras laying around.

I don't know a ton either except that Galaxy and Texas Ranger are good radios. If you buy one that is "peaked and tuned", it usually will push about 15 watts, which will reach 5-8 miles depending on the conditions. For antennaes, Firestick is a good one. You'll also need a good antennae mount. My whole setup was $145. There may be a CB shop in your area, but if not, check out "CB City" online. They have the best prices that I found. If I find out anything else, I'll pass it on. Good luck......gimme a radio check, C'MON!!!!!:cornut::cornut:

I think the wattage is around 15-20, but not sure. Pics are in this very thread and in my albums...check 'em out.

HAHA, that is funny. I looked back but didn't see them. I guess I am going blind. I really like that bracket you have. My toolbox wouldn't work like that though it has to much of an overhang. I just put my antena on top of my truck for better reception/transmision.

galaxy 99 with a dave made 1000watt linear:sifone: through a wilson 1000 here. Not sure how far I can talk but it is a good ways, people that work for me say they have heard me from more than 40mi away.

That is one heck of a setup:eek6:. How are you getting by with running that much wattage through your truck? With my setup I can mess up my compass on my rearview mirror:smilewinkgrin:, making me recalibrate it. I really like your cb too. Those are the big dogs. I want one of those but it is just too much change for me to justify on a radio right now.:peace:

HAHA, that is funny. I looked back but didn't see them. I guess I am going blind. I really like that bracket you have. My toolbox wouldn't work like that though it has to much of an overhang. I just put my antena on top of my truck for better reception/transmision.

Post #14 has the attachments. It shows up on my comp........not yours though? hmmmmmmm......odd. Anyway, looks like you found them in my garage.:patriot:

That is one heck of a setup:eek6:. How are you getting by with running that much wattage through your truck? With my setup I can mess up my compass on my rearview mirror:smilewinkgrin:, making me recalibrate it. I really like your cb too. Those are the big dogs. I want one of those but it is just too much change for me to justify on a radio right now.:peace:

Anyone have a CB in a LMM? There is NO room anywhere to mount anything with these new interiors.

If your out there with the LMM post pics.

Taggert

I forget what model cb radio I have, but it is bluetooth capable and has an swr tester built into it. I finally got tired of not having it in, and the best place I could think of putting it, was inside my console, upside down so when I prop my cover open - the speaker is right there. :)

Attachments

• Oct10_0001.jpg
    Oct10_0001.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Oct10_0002.jpg
    Oct10_0002.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 45
I've got a Cobra 25 classic, trick mounted under the seat, with the antenna mounted up on the roof (not for low over passes!)

Stacks04, do you know if the mikes with the control will work on a regular cb? I would really like one of those!

I forget what model cb radio I have, but it is bluetooth capable and has an swr tester built into it. I finally got tired of not having it in, and the best place I could think of putting it, was inside my console, upside down so when I prop my cover open - the speaker is right there. :)

Sounds like you have the same one i have in my pickup. The Cobra 29LTDBT. Bluetooth capable. My blazer currently does not have a CB, but it will get a little Cobra 19 i have kicking around in the garage until i can put in a better one.

Back