• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone know if Mahindra's pickup is out yet?

SIR VEYOR

Lurker & Sponge
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering if the Mahindra pickup is available in the US yet? I know there's no Canadian release intended right now.

My poor search abilities didn't seem to find anything on site about it.

Thanks in advance,
Sir Veyor

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=619968#post619968

I'll just copy and paste my post from the other Mahindra thread.

I pulled into a rest stop today to get a bottled water from the cooler in the bed of my truck and I saw a Mahindra parked there. I feel bad as I noticed he was about to pull out and I waved him down.

He was a test driver for the truck and has put 60k on it so far. He said there are 5 test drivers in and around Denver and that they have 3 Indian engineers on hand going over the trucks daily just to make sure everything is right. He said they are hoping to start selling them towards the end of summer

The truck itself is a little bigger than I was anticipationg. The truck he was driving was a crew cab short box and the interior looked fairly roomy given the size of the truck. The interior is not flashy by any means but it's not ugly, just simple. It was an automatic and it's a center console type shifter on it. The front seats were buckets but unless the seats had an armrest built in there wasn't one in that truck which for me would suck. The back seat looked as if I could fit and I'm 6'4" and 240lbs. I'm sure it wouldn't be the greatest in comfort but I could have fit.

He said he really likes the truck overall, said the little diesel is a great engine and he really likes the tranny. He said that the suspension wasn't the greatest and that the bumpers were not that stout. It looked like he was actually using it, I could tell he had driven it over some ranch roads.

All in all I was impressed with what I saw. I'm sure that if it makes it to market somebody will make some suspension upgrades for it.

Best part, he gets over 30mpg

Mahindra

There's a been a number of delays so far and I think the main reason has been that Mahindra wants to get their US entrance right the first time. Given how competitive the US automotive market is, the last thing they want is a botched entrance like that of Hyundai and Fiat in the 80s and 90s.

Not sure about the exact date but here's an Autoblog entry with some extra details:
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/05/06/report-mahindra-could-have-diesels-on-u-s-soil-in-under-90-day/

All I know for certain is that I can't wait for my first test drive. A compact diesel pickup... finally!

It appears they've had some legal troubles...

Mahindra Responsible for
Delays in Delivering Trucks to U.S. Dealers
ALPHARETTA, Ga., Oct. 19, 2010 – Global Vehicles USA, Inc., the exclusive U.S. distributor
of Mahindra pickup trucks, called on India-based Mahindra & Mahindra to begin building
vehicles for sale in the United States and commit to a launch date, which would bring it back
into compliance with the arbitration clause of the distribution agreement between the two
companies....

http://www.mahindrana.com/pdf/gv10_19_10.pdf

Back