• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone interested in Roller Rockers? Maybe group buy?

Another update: The rest of the sets shipped today as soon as I get them I send them out.

For the people who got the rocker arms, what is the part number on yours? 1.6:1 vs 1.5:1? I ordered the 1.6:1 and it's come to my attention that another member also ordered 1.6 rockers, we have the same part number on the packaging, but his says 1.6:1 on the package where mine says nothing other than the part number. Wondering if I might have somehow ended up with the 1.5:1 rockers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found mine on the door step. Thank you Leroy :)

Label on the box has 1.5 ratio and I am far from smart enough to know whether I got a mis-labled 1.6 :D

za2a7ema.jpg

Got my rocker arms installed! Can you tell??? Lol

Here's a couple pictures of them before the valve covers got put back on

rebu7a4e.jpg
eheja2en.jpg
ajehyjy5.jpg

I actually have one set in stock still from the group buy. If you want it its yours. Let me know.

Have you guys that installed these come into any clearance issues with the CDR valve mesh on the inside of the passenger side valve cover? I'm putting together a P400 for my hummer and noticed that the mesh hits the rocker arms. I think I can just compress it a little and be fine, but just want to see what you guys are doing.

Can comment in a few weeks. Cannot give a before-and-after report as the original rockers were only in the motor for 500 miles.

Leroy, are there any break-in recommendations (ex: zinc additive)?

Have you guys that installed these come into any clearance issues with the CDR valve mesh on the inside of the passenger side valve cover? I'm putting together a P400 for my hummer and noticed that the mesh hits the rocker arms. I think I can just compress it a little and be fine, but just want to see what you guys are doing.

Didn't notice on mine. I put the valve covers on without checking if it hit, but I did not feel any odd resistance or anything when I put them on. Been driving it for a while now, no issues that I have noticed from any clearance issues.

Any more info from you guys that have the rockers installed? I'm really curious, Thanks!

Hard to say for any power gains with mine as I did a turbo at the same time. But it does seem to idle smoother and rev much quicker. I have a noticeable power increase at lower rpms and less smoke, but I can't really say how much the rockers contribute to that vs the turbos impact on that. I am confidently guessing most of that is from the turbo though. I am running the 1.6 rockers on mine. Overall though I would say they are a very nice setup, built very well, and do have a noticeable (positive) impact on the way the truck runs.

Can comment in a few weeks. Cannot give a before-and-after report as the original rockers were only in the motor for 500 miles.

Leroy, are there any break-in recommendations (ex: zinc additive)?

Yeah use high zinc and soak 24 hour before install. Recommendations for oils are in the box with rockers (don't have with me now)

Back