• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone Have These Hella LED Tails?

Got the Lights Today, and already Installed them.

Lemme know what you think.

I got some Comparison Shots of my "Old" LED Smoked Tails to show the difference.
They look good, but that avatar is scary looking. I think you ended up with a transvestite this time. Look at its face.

Those look good!
Have you got any pics while they're on in the dark to show how absurdly bright they are yet?

Ok, so here's my Gross Display of LED's & Fiber Optics. Yep, Fiber Optics. :eek::D

1. LED DRL's / 2. Running Lights / 3. Up Close of Fiber Optic Running Light / 4. BRAKES!! If you say you didn't see my Brake Lights, YOU ARE BLIND!. / 5. LED Dome Lights. These things are so Bright, it Dimmed the Camera, so it wouldn't pick up the full Brightness. But it's so Bright inside the Truck you can't look Directly at the LED's.

Attachments

• IMG00131-20090305-1853.jpg
    IMG00131-20090305-1853.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00132-20090305-1855.jpg
    IMG00132-20090305-1855.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00133-20090305-1855.jpg
    IMG00133-20090305-1855.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00134-20090305-1856.jpg
    IMG00134-20090305-1856.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00135-20090305-1857.jpg
    IMG00135-20090305-1857.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 17
Yea, the Brakes are friggin Intense. Last Night when I took the Pic of them, then looked away, I was def. seeing Spots for a lil bit. But I was looking Directly at them.

But still, the Brighter the Brake Lights, the better IMO.

Were the heck are the fiber optics at on your truck, front? Back? ???

I just can not figure it out by looking at your pics. :confused:

Your truck looks good! :thumbsup: So does your avatar!

Were the heck are the fiber optics at on your truck, front? Back? ???

I just can not figure it out by looking at your pics. :confused:

Your truck looks good! :thumbsup: So does your avatar!

The Fiber Optics are the Running Lights.

You can see them in the Close Up Pic I took.

I bought and installed these on my dually. Takes a little modification on a dually due to the plastic wrapping around but they are sweet lights. Comes with an LED cab light, too.

Well after having these on for less than a Month, my Drivers Side Housing has Standing Water in it. :(

It's Leaking in from somewhere, I think I found where, but it's been damn near Impossible to get the Condensation out of the Housing. I've had it sitting over the Heat Vent for the past 2 Days and it's no Dryer than it was when I took it off.

They still work, just there is Condensation in them, which does NOT make me happy.

I know this can happen with even OEM Lights, the Bead of Silicone is prob. broke or too Thin somewhere around the Edge and that's why it's Leaking.

I e-mail Summit, so lets see what they say. I see the Lights are no longer avail. from them, but maybe they can still get them and get a Replacement sent out to me.

Summit is taking care of it for me. They are Sending out a whole Complete new Kit for me. They said take whatever I need, and put the Defective Pieces back in the Box and they'll send UPS to come get it.

Woo Hoo!! :)

Now THAT is some awesome customer service. That is good to know. I didn't want to say anything but I remember how much of a discount they were selling them for, thought that might've been why. So with the new set are you gonna do any preventative gluing/sealing, like run another bead around the outside?

Back