• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone experienced in 7.8L Duramax?

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
Looking for a truck to use as a cattle and hay hauler. I don't really want a full size semi but may consider one down the road.

I am looking at Kodiak/Topkick trucks trying to stay under 10k closer to 5k needing a little work.

Found an 07 C7500 7.8L and know absolutely nothing about that engine or if it has the same 1000 allison. Looks set up for hot shot work so I assume it can pull.

What aftermarket parts are there for them and are there any EFI Live tuners that tune these?

otherwise I am looking at 8.1L's as they can be found cheap and I wouldn't feel bad about dropping a 8.3L Cummins in place of a 8.1L beeg block

I know virtually nothing about them either. Pretty sure they were backed up by the 2000 series, same basic trans, but no internal parking pawl and different ratios. As to tuning, efilive does not support them, but thats not to say you can't find something for them. I do know they are in a different ball game when it comes to torque from the 6.6L or 8.1L, and I believe most say they are every bit as strong as the 8.3L.

Back