• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone ever try a "group buy" for fluiddampers?

great white

Reaction score
Well, anyone?

Any interest in pursuing something like this?

500 bucks plus shipping is a bitter pill to swallow.

I, for one, wouldn't mind getting a couple bucks off.....

Last edited:
I checked my emails but couldn't find where I bought them. I'll ask my wife to look for the receipt.
I may have posted that info here or on Diesel Place. I think I also bought one from Summit

I still don't see why FLUIDAMPER makes the SFI certified unit for the 6.2 and 6.5's? How many people out there with a 6.2/6.5 need a SFI spec unit that is approved for racing? I don't see why they don't make a streetdamper version like they do for small blocks and big blocks. They sell for about half of what a fluidamper does, and the only real difference is they aren't SFI approved. I've asked this question to them on 2 different forums they posted about the 6.2/6.5 damper on, and they never responded either time. It would just make some sense for them to do this as many people who have 6.2/6.5's just can't justify a $500 part for a truck that is probably only worth $3-4K. They would sell ALOT more of them if they would drop the price down tp say $350 and not go through the trouble of having them SFI approved.

Well, just in case we want to race our 6.5TD!!! LOL!!!

SFI is still only really required if you want to race in a snctioned event in a class that requires it. I doubt that many 6.5's could get enough HP out to require even if you did want to race it.

I still don't see why FLUIDAMPER makes the SFI certified unit for the 6.2 and 6.5's? How many people out there with a 6.2/6.5 need a SFI spec unit that is approved for racing? I don't see why they don't make a streetdamper version like they do for small blocks and big blocks. They sell for about half of what a fluidamper does, and the only real difference is they aren't SFI approved. I've asked this question to them on 2 different forums they posted about the 6.2/6.5 damper on, and they never responded either time. It would just make some sense for them to do this as many people who have 6.2/6.5's just can't justify a $500 part for a truck that is probably only worth $3-4K. They would sell ALOT more of them if they would drop the price down tp say $350 and not go through the trouble of having them SFI approved.

X3.

Back