• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anybody running Toyo Proxes S/Ts?

n8kxh

Reaction score
I am trying to decide what tires I want next. I spend most of my time on the highway. Don't currently tow anything heavy. Have the stock chrome steel wheels and Cooper Discoverer ATRs in LT265/75-16 for winter. I was thinking about these in 285/60R17 for my H2s in the summer. The rear has been lowered two inches and the bars cranked down. Wonder how the tread life would be? Tell me what you think. Ron

Theyd look good on a lowered Dmax. But not on the H2s. You really do need a different rim like a 20 or so.

The H2s look good with All terrain tires and not a whole lot else. Street tires look goofy and mud tires looks goofy too but better than street tires.

Personally, and I think many will agree, BFGs and H2s were made for each other. They look great together.

But fo all highway I wouldnt run them.

Thanks for the input guys. It all makes sense. I guess I'll stick with some kind of all terrain tire again. I was also looking at Pirelli Scorpion ATRs. Don't know much about them or maybe get another set of Cooper Discoverer ATRs for the H2 wheels.:noidea:

IIRC coopers are fairly reasonably priced and are a decent tire.

Ive learned my BFG ats are amazing. But they are wearing down fast and are very expensive. The cheapest price is $230 from Sams Club.

I think Im gonna go get me another set of H2 rims hopefully the brand new ones since theyre different. And mount some decent tires on them. I might still mount BFGs but at least I dont have to be worried about wearing them down to nothing then.

Then Ill take my other set and save them for pulling. And since theyre gonna be for pulling only I might upgrade to Interco TRXUS STS 12.5x35s. Since theyre an amazing pulling tire as long as you never drive them off the track.

Why don't you just pull those H2's off and send them my way. That way you can get some different wheels to go with them sexy tires...

Back