• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any Reason That Aftermarket H2 Rims WOULDN'T Fit A Duramax?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
So after Ordering the Zone Lift, I Found that my Current Wheels won't Work due to the Offset. Yea, not too Happy about that.

So...I gotta go down to 22's instead of Running my 24's, because I'm not Spending Money on 24 Rims AGAIN, I can, but I don't wanna.

So...on Tire Rack, they only List up to 20's Fitting a Duramax, but...they List up to 24's Fitting an H2. I Found Wheels that I Like, and they are on Closeout for STUPID Cheap.

But since they aren't Listed as Fitting a Duramax, I'm Hesitant to Order them.

But if OE H2 Wheels Fit a Duramax, why wouldn't an Aftermarket Rim for an H2 fit a Duramax?

Crap shoot any way you look at it James. Seems like they should fit but :dunno:

The Hub Bore is 121.8mm

All the other Specs are just what I'm Looking for in the Wheel.
What I do know is like Ford did in the late 90's GM went to metric 8 lug wheels in 2011. I am almost certain the GM 2010 and back 8 X 6.5 wheels fit all GM's and Hummers H1 as far as the hub goes. I remember seeing a 90's Sub at car show with H1 wheels and from then on I wanted a set. I know you are looking at big wheels but for reference, older 8 lug trucks had 16.5" wheels, you don't want those, limits your tire selection severely. Another issues is, these wheels are hub centric, the pilot must fit correctly or the load carrying capacity is severely limited.

Yea, the Rear Hub is the only thing that is making me Think Twice about Ordering them.

But...since the OE H2 Wheels Fit our Trucks, then in Theory, an Aftermarket Wheel should as well.

Ok, so I Talked to Tire Rack and they were no Help.

They said that since THEY don't Carry any E-Range Tires, that they cannot Recommend the 22's for a Duramax, so they wouldn't give me any Info as to why they would not Fit. The Biggest they "Recommend" for our Trucks is a 20.

So, I Pulled my Rear Wheel Off the Truck just now, and Measured the Hub. It is 113.82mm...the Bore on the Wheel in Question is 121.8mm. So now I know the Lug Pattern is Correct, the Hub Bore on the Wheel is Big enough, the Offset / Backspacing is Good.

The only thing I can think of now is the Center Cap of the Wheel not Clearing the Rear Hub, which IMO is not a Big Deal at all, I'm fine with Running no Center Cap.

I think I'm gonna Order them up, just to have them for when these Tires on the 24's Wear Out, since I can get the 22" Rims & Tires for LESS than JUST Tires for my 24's.

If the hub is that much smaller than the wheel center then you won't have the load on anything but the 8 studs and nuts. Not so sure that's a good thing.

If the hub is that much smaller than the wheel center then you won't have the load on anything but the 8 studs and nuts. Not so sure that's a good thing.

I think that is normal for a SRW truck to be lug-centric. I believe that only DRW trucks are hub-centric.

My SRW :) 96 Burb 8 lug wheels are definitely hub centric. All GM 8 lugs I have ever took note of were a tight fit on the pilot.

Tire Rack is right 22's are definitely not heavy load carrying tires. More pimping tires. Unless they are 22.5's :)

Found this: The stock Dodge wheels are lug centric and don't bear on the hub, where the stock GM wheels are hub centric. ie: Dodge wheels will fit on a GM truck, but the center hole is too small on GM trucks to fit on a Dodge without milling out the hole. Lug pattern is the same between the 2.

Since the Dodge & Duramax Use the same Rear Axle, AAM 11.5, what could the Difference be? Just the Hub Ends?

Axles and hub/brake assemblys are brand specific. All the rest is interchangeable.

Found this: The stock Dodge wheels are lug centric and don't bear on the hub, where the stock GM wheels are hub centric. ie: Dodge wheels will fit on a GM truck, but the center hole is too small on GM trucks to fit on a Dodge without milling out the hole. Lug pattern is the same between the 2.

Where did you find that?

Back