• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any news on the body style changes?

Jeff, you would be much better holding out for an 2011. 11% better fuel economy, able to run on B20, and to top it all off, 397hp and 765 hp. Best in both catergories against the Cummins and Powerstroke. I'm just slightly drooling over one.... :drool5:

Jeff, you would be much better holding out for an 2011. 11% better fuel economy, able to run on B20, and to top it all off, 397hp and 765 hp. Best in both catergories against the Cummins and Powerstroke. I'm just slightly drooling over one.... :drool5:

That's my plans! Black 4x4 Crew Cab LTZ is in my spotlight. :D

8 speed Allison?

There will be a revised grill, and new lower bumper (no more big elephant ears on the sides) there will be a much larger cut out for tranny cooling in the bumper. Revised and upgraded interiors.

Allison will most likely be a 7 speed unit with talks of an 8 speed possible. The Duramax's displacment will raise too 6.9 litres. And make 425 HP and 750+ ft lbs of TQ.

This is all old news pretty much now. With GM's current economic state the plans may be scratched.

I am not completely sold on this 7 or 8 speed Allison thing. I could see the 6 speed. Basically a 5 speed with an overdrive for the highway that kicks in at about 55 mph. But an 8 speed? It will probably shift at much lower RPM's, and not get up into the 3000 range. In traffic, it would be constantly shifting up and down. But looking at the torque figure, I guess it will stay in the lower RPM's to maximize the power.

I would also suspect that the 8 speed will get hotter due to more shifting, which means a better cooling system would be in order.

I agree. 6 speed is enough. I think it will be a long time before we see added gears in the Allison.

The whole idea of the Allison getting 7 or 8 gears was just wishful thinking. I will admit, I got a little excited when the rumors about it started coming out a year or so ago. But like you guys said, 6 gears gets the job done just fine. I'll take a stab in the dark and say it will be years before we see the Allison with more then 6 gears.

I wouldn't mind having a 7th that kicked in at about 70 when making the run to Co Springs to get some better mileage. Run at say 75-80 at 1650 RPMs (aka the sweet spot). :D

granted it's comparing apples to oranges, but I hate the 6 speed auto in my '09 patrol rig. It can't decide what gear to be in.

Having the 4 speed behind my Cummins makes me miss the 6 speed of my '06 and '08 Duramaxs. I can tell big time on the highway the difference between the Chevy's and the Dodge. I could keep the rpm's under 1900 with the Chevy's at highway speeds where the rpm's on my Dodge are in the neighborhood 2300 rpm.

granted it's comparing apples to oranges, but I hate the 6 speed auto in my '09 patrol rig. It can't decide what gear to be in.

I would think it would be for highway only. It usually kicks in at about 55 mph for the 6th gear overdrive. A 6 speed would not necessarily be the best option for patrolling.

Back