• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any news on the body style changes?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the body style change coming in 2011 or 2012? I'm interested to see the newest ones.

There will be a revised grill, and new lower bumper (no more big elephant ears on the sides) there will be a much larger cut out for tranny cooling in the bumper. Revised and upgraded interiors.

Allison will most likely be a 7 speed unit with talks of an 8 speed possible. The Duramax's displacment will raise too 6.9 litres. And make 425 HP and 750+ ft lbs of TQ.

This is all old news pretty much now. With GM's current economic state the plans may be scratched.

Thanks Blake.

I was looking at a new one today, but I don't want to buy before I see the newer ones.

Although. I love my truck to, so I'm going to wait and see what comes out.

I would love to get a new one, but I just don't want to deal with the all the Emission BS.

Also they will have urea injection to help lower the NOX level(could be wrong on what it is for)

So it's looking like 390HP and 720TQ!

Hopefully it'll still be possible to take the DPF off with EFILive.

Urea injection isnt fancy or very high tech. All AGCO tractors now have it as an option they call it e3. Pretty soon all diesels will have it until something better comes a long.

Yeah, that'll be fun trying to explain to new diesel customers.:doh:

try explaining it to farmers. Since urea is a fertilizer they put on their fields. They get very confused. Why am i fertilizing my exhaust.

It wont be long before farmers will be just pumping urea out of thier fertilizer tanks at home into their trucks and tractors.

try explaining it to farmers. Since urea is a fertilizer they put on their fields. They get very confused. Why am i fertilizing my exhaust.

It wont be long before farmers will be just pumping urea out of thier fertilizer tanks at home into their trucks and tractors.

would this work?

Since Dodge and Ford has their 4500 and 5500 in the same body style as the 3500 I wonder if GM will also produce a 4500 and 5500 in the 3500 body style vs the big truck style they previously had. That truck was sold in International or some truck company.

Urea injection isnt fancy or very high tech. All AGCO tractors now have it as an option they call it e3. Pretty soon all diesels will have it until something better comes a long.

For the Fire Reescue trucks we build we were able to buy some 09 engines to help us thru this year yet but the urea emmisions junk adds 20K to the price of the chassis we get. I feel that is sticking it to the other guy.We also have only 2 places the tank can be mounted on the trucks and it means a bit of redesign for us to accomidate the dang tank:mad2:

Definitely wait for the 2011 model year. Beefed up suspension and minor cosmetic issues resolved. Looks like it is going to be a nice and welcomed change. I am keeping a close eye for the 2011's. I don't know about the finances though. OUCH!

Back