• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any interest in ATI Performance flexplates for a 6.5 diesel?

n8in8or

I never met a project I didn’t like
Reaction score
A couple years ago I had ATI reverse-engineer a flexplate for the 6.5 diesel. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to use it yet. They contacted me today to see if I wanted any more of them because they made 4 in the initial batch. I was thinking I'd get one more for myself right now as a good faith measure, but I'd be happy to buy the others if anyone has interest in them. They are selling them for $395 each. I'll eat shipping for anyone interested. I'll attach the pictures I took when I received the first one in the next post.

So other than being SFI approved what makes them better/different?
This is what ATI has to say about their flexplates:

Manufactured in the USA on state-of-the-art CNC equipment, ATI's Flexplates are created from SFI-spec steel and are SFI 29.1 Certified and are double MIG/TIG welded for additional strength and lasting precision pass after pass. Each ATI flexplate is manufactured and toleranced from OEM drawings to ensure a precise fit and location. Each plate is quality inspected to exceed the flatness and run-out tolerances of the OEM units and is precision balanced on Hines digital equipment with a resolution of 1/10 oz-in.

I reached out to them because I wanted something stronger than what is typically out there, but didn't want to go with the billet unit available from DieselSite.

I am curious on these flexplates how they are able to get the balancing done since our engines are externally balanced. did they have a crank, pistons and what not to fine tune the counter weight? I can see there's has a different shape.

I am curious on these flexplates how they are able to get the balancing done since our engines are externally balanced. did they have a crank, pistons and what not to fine tune the counter weight? I can see there's has a different shape.
I sent in the other flexplate so they could match it. So they would have used specs of that counterweight. They could never come up with a counterweight that matches all piston, rod and crankshaft combinations. When I build my next 6.5 for my black dually I'm going to have the rotating assembly balanced and that will dial the flex plate in. This flexplate won't be any more out of balance than any other replacement flexplate that is purchased, but it will be stronger, which was why I had them make them.

Back