• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

any input on a 93 6.5 td with maual injection pump

No fail prone PMD, electronic junk added to a mechanical IP.
Factory no kitty.

Check radiator hose before and after starting for head gasket failure or crack.
Pull oil fill cap and check blowby.

It is a 20 year old truck... Mine is a black hole that needs $100's and $50's: the hell with nickel and dime to death. But it runs really good.

How many miles on it and how many on the injectors?

Change turbo to ATT, 4" exhaust, and bury the IP fuel screw. The GM3 on it is really restrictive over 2200 RPM. These changes will get you in the ballpark of early 2000 powered diesels. Aka wake it up.

225,000 miles didnt get to hear it run today has not ran in weeks and its been like -20 where its at, going back tommorow with space heater, but for like a grand to buy and i can see tires on front are raw so needs some front end work but im looking at no dents no rust currently have a 95 with electronics and was wondering how much better it was with manual pump read a article on line said 92-93 were the optium years, as far a injectors i assume toast will replace

db2's are inexpensive enough. i love mine also. cc, srw. double check the starter brace to see if it got replaced. you will love being able to run alternative fuels in it without hearing it stutter.

For $1k buy it. At worst case its a donor to convert a 94&^ truck. I converted my 96 to a DB2 with a 4L80E.
93-94 are my favorites.

$1K is salvage value around here for rust free. It doesn't need to run... Buy it!

ok got it running boy what a task she made it home! seems to be good project but no gem, diamond in the ruff lol lots of issues after getting her out of snow bank drove around block was ready to go and lost power to lift pump, I came prepared, wire crimpers and tester hot wired it to battery and popped her off and drove like my ass was on fire all the way home. got home and relized its foot and a half longer than garage arrrrrggggg, now im back to working on it outside(more gray hairs) but
Ive done it before and Im sure Ill do it again. wish me luck. does anyone know which of three big silver relays on firewall control lift pump?

I might be wrong but the 93 does not have a relay that controls it, at all.

It does have a fuse, it is on the far left under the black cover(if you still have it on the truck). I have a picture on here someplace.

It runs off the oil pressure sender.

The lift pump does not run at all till the oil pressure is up, one flaw of the 93.

IMG_1278.jpg
IMG_1279.jpg

One picture is the cover and the other is the fuse for the lift pump.
The fuse goes in a black cover the top is peeking above the top of my hand.
If you touch the fuse on the stud like in the bottom picture it will run the lift pump.

ok cool ill check it out tomorrow in alaska light is short, and the fact i can't get in garage is a crapper, any input why she dont want to start warm? after sitting for about 20 which was still warm had to give it a squirt of wd-40 then fired right off guy said it had new glow plugs but tomorrow Ill test them and glow plug wires and controller

I like my 93, compared to my factory 94 model it pulls alot better power wise and seems to get better mileage than the 94 normally got. It is free to turn up the fuel of mechanical pumps which is a pretty nice bonus.

Usually not starting warm is the injector pump going south.

BUT!!!!!

This truck has sat for a unknown long period of time. I would run at least a tank of new clean fuel threw it before you start throwing parts at it.

Fuel filter, change it asap and clean out that bowl the filter slides out of.

Congratulations on a new to you truck! :thumbsup:

The 4911 IP is know for that problem. The head and rotor can be upgraded with a rebuild when the time comes. Let us know how the GP's check out.

You can run pretty much any DB2 pump just make sure its up to supporting your engine. A rebuilder will know how/what to change if needed.

Back