• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any info on this "new" engine supplier National Parts LLC?

Brand new redesigned but not a P400= Chinese

I think in AK's thread a P400 long block could be had for about $7400.

Not necessarily chinese copy, but not a P400 and I wouldn't trust eBay for that kind of product.

Even if it is "just" an optimizer 6500, you can walk in to a gm parts department and order one a couple thou cheaper.

Minus the "new" injection pump....

Hmmmm....

When i read the listing i see this.

"This engine will replace any 6.5-L diesel in a GM truck or van."

If they knew their stuff, they'd know the heads/intake/exhaust manifolds(up-pipes in the case of the van)/downpipe are totally different from truck to van. Vans are centermount(always have been if the van was turbo'd), truck obviously isn't due to lack of room. The angle of the intake ports on the van heads make a truck intake not fit. Never seen "one size fits all" heads. One could machine van heads to fit a truck intake i suppose, but that's pricey.

That right there = a red flag to me.

my flag, which falls under the 'idiot' list,
"............... Fleets all over the U.S. are buying these like crazy to replace there units............"

Hmmmm....

When i read the listing i see this.

"This engine will replace any 6.5-L diesel in a GM truck or van."

If they knew their stuff, they'd know the heads/intake/exhaust manifolds(up-pipes in the case of the van)/downpipe are totally different from truck to van. Vans are centermount(always have been if the van was turbo'd), truck obviously isn't due to lack of room. The angle of the intake ports on the van heads make a truck intake not fit. Never seen "one size fits all" heads. One could machine van heads to fit a truck intake i suppose, but that's pricey.

That right there = a red flag to me.

Yea that caught my attention also. Googling on the 800 number allowed me to find their actual address in FL. They seem to have a toe in all sorts of auto parts supply's.

Saw that one and wanted it bad. I have another project it would go into nice. Alas I am in severe broketatude. :frown2:

I'd be cautious about that one.

It says the engine was a GM parts replacement in 2004, which means it would/should be an Optimizer 6500.

However, it sure looks like the drivers side valve cover has "GM" stamped on it.

Optimizers came with smooth valve covers, no GM on them anywhere.

Someone could have swapped on a valve cover, which while unlikely, may be possible as the opposite valve cover has the part number stamped in the steel like the optimizer valve covers.

Definitely would have to be inspected "in person" before buying.

Great price as a package deal though!

you have to actually call them to see whats up.

I talked with Jonathan today actually. in search of a LBZ ( long story for a future post to come ). he will be looking for what you spec from "totaled" vehicles including "fire" vehicles if you are so inclined. with vehicle specific info he will locate a engine, trans or drive line part whether "on the shelf" in the system or a soon to becoming part still needing to be removed from the host vehicle. mileage and quantity change daily as with any "junk yard". engines that are not fire damaged are run in house when received to verify working order and sold as running or non-running.

Back