• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any ideas on what this is worth? 1995 Tahoe needs engine. Is their anybody close

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Any ideas on what this is worth? 1995 Tahoe needs engine. Is their anybody close to the Tahoe that would be interested in installing an engine?
I have an engine here I could bring out.

We are running out of weather for projects in a NO heat shop.

We are way behind on projects and we're not buying another. But If I could get it home in running condition I would be good to go.

It's a rare one LOL

RARE 2 DOOR
RARE COLOR
RARE 6.5 DIESEL

Extremely Rare 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe 6.5 Diesel. LT. 4x4. tailgate. Factory Original. Immaculately Maintained. Victory Red ORIGINAL paint. Burgundy leather interior. No expense Spared. New fuel and brake lines. BRAND New brake calipers rotors pads hoses. New injection pump. New fuel pump. New alternator. 2 BRAND new batteries. Good tires. 2 spares. Have all documented maintenence and recipts. Engine just developed a knock. Truck is always garaged and covered. Cover comes with the truck! I have too much other stuff going on to deal with this!!!MY LOSS YOUR GAIN! winter is coming
MAKE ME A SERIOUS OFFER

motivated seller
Joe

https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/4811067568.html

Just another 'rare' dead / dying 6.5, eh?

I'd bid $750:
> The only interior picture shows that the insides are in rough shape.
> All but one of the pictures show trees with summer leaves and it is now December.
> Lots of 'new' parts and the owner is suddenly giving-up on a prize-and-joy.

I would not count on making it drivable just by dropping an engine in it, so I'd plan to trailer it.

Jay's bid is about right. The guy could spend $2k- $3k stick a running engine in it and sell it for $5k-6k IMO

Back