• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

another SCIII question

MattZ71

Tennessee Diesel's Mod
Reaction score
ok, i will plan on buying a SCIII will it hold the ATS or PPE 270 tune with any problems??? and yall that have the SCIII how are the shifts??? will it bark the gears? thanks for input guys!

I have the equivalent of a SCIV, and a 1057 converter. It handles my 350 PPE tune without problem. A properly installed SCIII will do fine with a 270 PPE tune.

What year is your truck?

i dont have one yet i hve my eye on three lly truck (04.5-05) i will have one of them im already buying stuff...alredy have a few things for a lly....lol and my next buy is a ats e-power on 270 tune only daily driver

thank you Mike ONE MORE question, when i go with the SCIII i will run the 270tune daily you said that will be fine, the other question is, ill will pull 3-4times a year at the most will it hurt anything if i us the 350 tune just to pull?? or will i be needing a co-piolt?? thanks!

...Damn, if you are going to be using the 350 Tune to pull, I'd think your EGT's would be through the roof!

what would be a good tune to pull with?? i have a 4" turbo back exhaust laying in the garage.....but no truck

i no!! im counting my chickins before thay hatch

Hell, I'd say no more than a 120hp tune for pulling. Of course it depends on what you are pulling. If you are pulling something so light the Truck won't even know it's back there, then yea, a 350hp tune will do.

How much weight are you planning on pulling?

Ok, I have 0 experience with pulling contests, so I'll back down, but if it were me, I'd still only run the 120hp.

But people say you are good at a certain Max EGT for XX amount of time, so I'll let the experienced pullers step in.

Just let everyone here know what your current / expected mods. will be at the time of the pull so it will give them a good guess as to what would be safe for you.

will do! when i get the truck in a set up ill go from there!! THANKS MAN for helpin me!

Just incase you didn't know...
*Horsepower numbers are represented at the crank.
This is true for ATS and PPE

I run a RWHP 230 tune when I sled pull.
I run a RWHP 40 tune when I tow the TT.

i was just wondering, i gotta cusin that has a SCIII and a TCI converter in a lb7 with the ats e-power on 350tune, it will limp when it goes it 3rd gear, maybe b/c he has a TCI converter??

i was just wondering, i gotta cusin that has a SCIII and a TCI converter in a lb7 with the ats e-power on 350tune, it will limp when it goes it 3rd gear, maybe b/c he has a TCI converter??

How did he get a SC 3 without a SC converter?

bought if off ebay, with no conveter...dont ask......just what i was told...i asket him the samething

Mike L Suncoast III with PPE on 350HP, daily driven. Works awesome!

pulling and towing are two different animals. i wouldn't hardly worry about your EGT's when you're pulling a sled down the track, as that's only 5-10 seconds and then your EGT's will drop after that. towing a camper for 500+ miles at a time is different. then i'd be worried about cooking my turbo while running a hot tune.

Back