• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another Oil Analysis

83GMCK2500

Reaction score
Ashton, here is my latest one. Previously you were kind enough to give me some advice here.

I ended up changing my oil then, at about 37,868 miles. At that time I also cleaned my air filter out. My latest analysis with 10,200 miles on DEO & AeO52 shows copper at an elevated level, though not as high as before. 296 now vs 414 previously. I am in the process of justifying a bypass filter setup to my father, for both of our trucks.

Looking at the two side-by-side it would appear that all of my wear metals are lower than before. I went and looked up DEO and they have it's Total Base Number as 10.4, mine is 5.02. If I learned anything from you last time I don't need to do anything, my TBN is higher on this analysis and all of the wear metals are lower.

OilAnalysisEdited-1.gif

Looking at the two side-by-side it would appear that all of my wear metals are lower than before. I went and looked up DEO and they have it's Total Base Number as 10.4, mine is 5.02. If I learned anything from you last time I don't need to do anything, my TBN is higher on this analysis and all of the wear metals are lower.

You have learned well Grasshopper.

I also like the fact that copper levels are coming down, with low aluminum numbers. Looks like a pretty good run going here.

Back