• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another newbie.

OverkillZJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 1995 6.5L turbo diesel Suburban with a few mods (intake, exhaust, injectors, etc.) It currently has a cracked head, so I'm playing with the idea of selling it instead of fixing it. You know how that feeling goes, but that's another thread!

-Matt

Welcome to the site Matt, lots of us 6.5ers here! Maybe we can convince you to keep it

Thanks everyone! I already posted the truck for sale, I'm having one of those weeks if you know what I mean. I have 3 other project vehicles in my driveway right now, so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed to say the least. Even if I get rid of it, I might not be leaving the 6.5 world.

Other rigs:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the rare 5.9 - it was free, radiatior failure killed the transmission by pumping coolant through it. Transmission is pulled in my garage, and waiting for a friend to rebuilt it.

Also have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was converted to a rock buggy: sitting on 42" swampers, with a 14b rear and 60 front, driveline built as can be (Atlas II, 1410 joints on High Angle Driveline shafts.)

Last is my 1986 Suzuki Samurai, just finished a coil conversion so it sits on long arms now..

Too many projects, and that doesn't count what I need to do for everyday life!

(I'm almost ashamed to say I drive a 2004 Corolla daily, but hey, its the one thing I could buy and not modify!)

Welcome.

Let's see a picture of that modded ZJ!

Here it is on a bad day!

insanity1.jpg

insanity6.jpg

n506839510_473135_6367.jpg

n506839510_473153_1543.jpg

Why you shouldn't drink after a day of wheeling. You park wrong.

n506839510_313891_7532.jpg

The buildup: http://buggy.bigassjeep.com

That rigs probably coming apart though, want to rebuild it with that driveline / steering, build all tube and dual triangulated suspension (What's on it is great, but it's not really made for a buggy.)

Hey Brad!

Thanks for letting me know about this place, I figure someone will either buy it, or help me with info on fixing it, haha.

-Matt

Welcome to DTR! Some sweet looking pics of your rock crawler. Hope you keep the Burban, I really like those.

Back