• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another Hummer FNG

CursedH1

Reaction score
Hey there,

Will.L brought me over from the Hummer Mailing List forums. He's helped me out a ton with my rig so I figured I'd come check out where he haunts normally.

I own a 2000 HMCS (Hummer H1 Wagon) that I picked up in October of 2018. I am in southern Maine and I bought it from a dealer in Southern California - called Sourcemotors. The dealer is no longer in business. This should give you a good indication where this story is going :p

The truck had 68k miles on it when I bought it and it was a bare shell. Source went ahead and did a full leather interior (which is super nice) and shot the exterior top to bottom bow to stern in LineX. Unfortunately that was pretty much the extent of the quality work done on the truck. As soon as it was delivered in Feb of 2019, it needed about $2000 in parts and labor to even pass state inspection. The shocks, ball joints, and a leaky turbo oil seal were keeping me from passing. Of course finding someone up here in the boondocks to work on a truck like this isn't exactly easy either.

Anyways. I get things pretty much sorted with minor hiccups here and there - until July 4th of 2019. I'm going over the Casco Bay bridge with my little sister and my brother in law riding shotgun. We're at the apex of the drawbridge span and Frank sniffs the air and declares "I smell coolant." and not but a half a second later it blasts all over the windshield. Engine is still running albeit the temperature gauge pegged - and I make it to the service station at the base of the bridge. I see the reservoir looked like someone blew out the side with a .45 ACP. I had hopes that it was just the 20 year old reservoir tank, but... it blew out - not just cracked. Anyways... long story short - #8 gone. Toast. See ya. I had put less than 2k miles on it since I took delivery.
My diesel mechanic (Maine Turbo Diesel - Heath is a great dude for anyone local in the area) is like "this is a bit more of a project than I want to take on right now." So I had it carted down to Woodlands Texas to a crew called ModMafia. They dropped in a NOS P400, upgraded the injectors, added a mechanical lift pump, all new cooling stack and tossed on their UORVA turbo. It's the bee's knees. Unfortunately I didn't insist on all new accessories so I've had some small issues here and there with the old accessories on the new engine but that seems to be all sorted now.

This weekend I just finished plumbing and wiring the air locker setup so that the CTIS compressor can run both the CTI System and the air lockers independently. That was fun.

So yeah, I'm completely underwater on this truck - but thats ok - when I shed my mortal coil, I've told my wife that I want a viking funeral in this thing. I'll never sell it so anything I spend on it will be worth it.

I did a walk around video for a Youtube channel called "TFL Offroad". During the flugaloo they had a hard time creating content so they did a viewer's submission thing. Here's mine:
Pleasure to meet y'all's acquaintance!20200712_114413.jpg20200712_181920.jpg20200530_161216.jpg20200208_165435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never met Mark but Robert gave me a shop tour on a Sunday when I was down there. They take on huge customs projects (dmax swaps, military to civilian conversions). ~10 H1's on the lot. Definitely know the hmmwv/h1 inside and out. Would feel in heaven working there as a fabricator, technician, or janitor. I think they had a P400 going in at the time.. maybe yours? 🤔
Welcome!

Last edited:
Glad to see ya signed up here. Spend time in the stickies, fill out your signature line and remember including pics here helps folks see your issues. Do list in there the ds4 being fed off the mechanical lift pumpIt may come into play in diagnostics

You won’t find more knowledgeable 6.5 folks than here.
Hilarious screen name btw! Haha.

And for those that don’t know, Mark and Robert are engineers and own Mod Mafia. They do descent quality stuff, but not for thin wallet folk like me- haha.

Back