• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another Arrival At The Refuge

bk95td

6.5 nut job/addict
Reaction score
:rolleyes5::rolleyes5:I had another arrival at my 6.5 refuge yesterday. A close friend and his son have had it since it was 3 or 4 years old. It's a 93 k2500hd ex-cab LB 6.5 nv4500.
It has around 275,000 miles on it. The body is rusted badly and the clutch is shot. It does run very good:thumbsup: It's had Banks 3 1/2 exhaust on it since less than 100,000 miles and the k&n air filter along with a boost and exhaust temp gauge. I did get all 4 aluminum wheels with it.

IMG_2271_2.jpgIMG_2272_3.jpgIMG_2273_4.JPGIMG_2274_5.JPGIMG_2275_6.JPGIMG_2276_7.JPG

Chop is my plan at this point. Apparently the son's kids found a permanent marker and drew all over the dash and headliner.The rest of the interior is pretty ratty also. I do have a couple nice 97 extended cabs that I could drop on it though. It depends how rusted the frame is.
And yes I got it cheap. I can sell the tranny for what I paid for it.

Everybody always needs at least one more 6.5TD Truck! :thumbsup:

Nice find. :agreed:

Yea Barry, You can quit anytime. You got it bad. In another year you will have how many more? There isn't going to be any left for me to buy. I can't belive it. You are my idol. I am going to have to stop over and see all these gems.

I just ran the VIN and checked the frame over.
It has 3.40 gears:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The frame ,from first real look, is not too bad. It may just get one of the cabs I saved from other junked trucks. I have a rust free but dented 97-2wd white cab. I have fenders also.

Yea Barry, You can quit anytime. You got it bad. In another year you will have how many more? There isn't going to be any left for me to buy. I can't belive it. You are my idol. I am going to have to stop over and see all these gems.

That is like stopping by a place with 100 cats. Careful or you will wind up taking one or two home...

I mean the place is stocked better than junkyards!

I just ran the VIN and checked the frame over.
It has 3.40 gears:thumbsup::thumbsup:
The frame ,from first real look, is not too bad. It may just get one of the cabs I saved from other junked trucks. I have a rust free but dented 97-2wd white cab. I have fenders also.

with those gears, and statements like the bolded one above, means that project Roadtrip Rig is a go! :) you should fix it and tow with it, I am curious to see if running in 4th gear direct with 3.42s is the way to trailer, as I despise running in 5th with 4.10s. as you arent supposed to tow in 5th with an NV4500! :( I am tempted to buy a local C2500 ECLB 6.5L auto 2wd soley because it has 3.42s, they want 1800...but there is also the dead 92 K3500 for 600 bucks.....

Back