• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

and the EPA strikes again.

With how there attitude was, and the videos they posted after they cracked the LML it was bound to happen. They were warned by NUMEROUS people this would happen if they continued to post videos of the supposed "untuneable" truck bellowing smoke out, and they even went as far as to post how to videos for installing there products. I just hope this doesn't give them more ammo to come after us with older diesels.

I am rather conscientious about the soot output, even in my little po-dunk town. It's easy to be bad with a mech IP and a tiny turbo.. :rolleyes5:

The EPA going to pinch the exhaust manufacturers who make turbo back kits and delete pipes? This is getting out of hand. Don't update your EFI software I guess.

They already have. There hasn't been an LMM specific exhaust for a DPF delete built in several years now(just some overpriced delete pipes). It wasn't really an issue because with a few hanger modifications an 01-07 exhaust bolts right on. And 01-04 federal LB7's never had emissions, so the exhaust can be legally built without it, and it just so happens to fit.

With how there attitude was, and the videos they posted after they cracked the LML it was bound to happen. They were warned by NUMEROUS people this would happen if they continued to post videos of the supposed "untuneable" truck bellowing smoke out, and they even went as far as to post how to videos for installing there products. I just hope this doesn't give them more ammo to come after us with older diesels.

Watched the price of pre-DPF diesels jump about $5000.00 for the 2006 models out here just after the election.

Sadly, the current plan appears to simply price fuel out of reach or to the point it is no longer economical to run a diesel engine over a gas engine. The 2 quart to 2 gal DPF regen fuel wasted per tank made the 2007 and 2008 trucks cost owners more as the competition had/ran the older trucks. The new low NOx levels and DEF costs - working hard in hot weather you go through DEF... EGR used for low NOx plugs the DPF faster. Ever watch the light haze under high load? Worse with more EGR used.

Diesel engine adds $7000 to the cost of a truck. Figure both now get 15 MPG gas or diesel without the extra $7K cost. Gas is $3.48 and diesel is $3.70. At 20K miles gas is $460 cheaper. If diesel got 20 MPG gas would only be $760 more to own in fuel. You have to run 200K to get your diesel option money back assuming you do get better MPG. Reseale value not figured as it tends to hold more value now than gas, but, it may change.

I agree, Ferm... We've been fighting this for years. The morons who come here and ask "how do I make my truck roll coal?", the ones who want a smoke tune, or who take videos and post their retarded antics all over the place, are the reason we're facing this now. Properly-tuned diesels produce hardly any more particulates than gassers, and get better mileage (reducing both NOx and COx). But that isn't what the public sees when they think diesel truck.

Next time I see this guy, I think I'll thank him. With a stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixAMwN11cfQ

Ahhhhhh. It was a set up for a you tube video. Come on guys. Hey. I have some nice buildable swamp land for sale in Florida. Anyone interested? :lmao:

Back