• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

And so it begins...

I would not get all wrapped up over China being origin of material many big name companies get stuff made in China, there is good and bad from there, GE/Siemens/Rolls Royce get material from there, I've worked for all 3 of companies last 28 years. I paid premium price last year for a brand name (Jet) chain fall only to find after it arrived on site it was made in China.

I have a China AMG cloned block, still trying to find time to install it, but when I had it machined for splayed mains, machinest said it was great cast & metal cut/drilled like any he ever cut/drilled of US manufacture, he owns a 6.5 and says he would have no reservations installing into his if it ever quit.

Slim & I are running a Chinese A-Team turbo, very similar to the TD07-22A Mitsubishi turbo, quality work, Japan was once junk now is considered quality stuff, where did they learn how to build quality, US & other nations teaching them how to do it, China stuff is inproving all the time. I don't like trade going to China one bit, but it is a fact of life, now once China begins to have a robust middle class as japan did, and have to conform to standard of safety and environmental regulations their cost to produce will go up, as have Japan and Korea.

Some China stuff is good some isn't got to be wary of what you are buying, what would bother me though is paying premium price for "genuine" article, possibly AMG has figured how to sub out to China so you might be getting a AMG block cast in China machined to AMG specs, I don't know that to be the case with all of them, but the one I used was that way, it was not marked per typical AMG style markings.
exactly my point of view,only thing that bothers me is the denial and secretcy surrounding it all.other thing that pisses me of is buying made in US or CAN and finding out it was only stuck in the box here.

exactly my point of view,only thing that bothers me is the denial and secretcy surrounding it all.other thing that pisses me of is buying made in US or CAN and finding out it was only stuck in the box here.

Assembled in America from premium overseas parts so it can wear the "Made in USA" logo. You gotta love the gray area.

SO do you think this years Olympic medals were made in China?

I'm not concerned about the origin too much. What it basically comes down to is we want to buy things cheap but we want to earn good money. It's getting hard to manufacture things in North America for a price people will pay.

On a good note, I ordered a SCAT crankshaft and some Peninsular pistons! Now I just need to find about a million other small parts! It seems like a never ending list. I think I've got everything I'll need listed then the next thing you know you forgot all about connecting rods and a camshaft!

Back