• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Amsoil Dual bypass filter

MGILBERT18

Reaction score
Well I installed the Amsoil duel bypass system over the week end. Everything is good so far, however, I now hear/feel a humming noise especially at idle, that appears to be coming from the area that the bypass was installed. Everything appears to be working properly so far. Does anybody out there that has installed the bypass system, have any experience with any humming or different noise? Maybe it is just a coincidence that has nothing to do with the bypass system?

i do not have one but want to get one. did you install yours on the frame, and if so do you have any pictures

Well I installed the Amsoil duel bypass system over the week end. Everything is good so far, however, I now hear/feel a humming noise especially at idle, that appears to be coming from the area that the bypass was installed. Everything appears to be working properly so far. Does anybody out there that has installed the bypass system, have any experience with any humming or different noise? Maybe it is just a coincidence that has nothing to do with the bypass system?

I have heard of that happening before. There is an Amsoil dealer that makes a mount for that system that is very sturdy and uses the exsisting holes in the frame of the Duramax so you don't have to make new holes. It also comes with rubber spacers where it contacts the frame to make it a quiet and vibration proof install. It sells it for 75.00 I can get you some info on it if you like. Maybe try making some rubber mounts for your set up and see if it helps. Let us know what happens.

I have heard of that happening before. There is an Amsoil dealer that makes a mount for that system that is very sturdy and uses the exsisting holes in the frame of the Duramax so you don't have to make new holes. It also comes with rubber spacers where it contacts the frame to make it a quiet and vibration proof install. It sells it for 75.00 I can get you some info on it if you like. Maybe try making some rubber mounts for your set up and see if it helps. Let us know what happens.

I will let you know, if I decide that I need to do anything about it.

Mike

How do you like this setup?

I take it this is added life to your original oil filter correct?

How do you like this setup?

I take it this is added life to your original oil filter correct?

Jeff,

So far, I like it alot. The dual bypass seems to be keeping the oil cleaner as I have put approx 800 miles since the change over and the oil is not black yet. Yes I will change the full flow filter at 5,000 miles and the bypass filter at 10,000 miles. I will do the oil analysis at 10,000 and see how long I can go from that point pending the test results. Trying for the 25,000 mile oil change interval.:eyebrows:

Changing filters like that you will be able to get more than 25k based on UOA. Many will change the full flow at 12-15k and the BP at 25 sample and results will say go longer. You will be fine and easily get 25K.

Changing filters like that you will be able to get more than 25k based on UOA. Many will change the full flow at 12-15k and the BP at 25 sample and results will say go longer. You will be fine and easily get 25K.

Thanks for the input. I look forward to extended change intervals!!

Back