• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

American made?

It's too bad but most or them aren't American. Believe me though, Yamaha and dare I say it...Honda make some great stuff! I'm definitely a Yamaha fan through and through. We have a '98 Yamaha Vmax 700 tripple snowmobile with 7,000 miles on it...runs like a champ.

Most all of them are "built" in america nowadays. They all have plants here and hire americans to build them. The parent company may not be american but atleast they moved the plants here and supply jobs.
My Can-AM has a lot of american parts on it along with a lot of canadian parts. At least they keep it on the same continent.

That is only a tiny bit true as Fuji Heavy Industries is the company that provides the some engines for Polaris ATV's and snowmobiles. But Polaris also has its own Liberty engine line that produces most of the twin cylinder motors that the company is so well known for. But in the end they are the most American made as you can get and American owned ATV company. Apparently the plant that builds the motors for fuji has been relocated to the US also.

Thanks for the added info, its good to know, not that I will be buying one any time soon( I wish I could).

I think Harley Davidson should build a quad.

What 4 wheelers are American made? Or the most American?

Like everything else now days, sadly, none of them. Just like all of the so called imports, Honda does have a plant here so they are made here. My 98 450s has a sticker on the fender that says "made in U.S.A".

Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc. (HSC) has produced their 1 millionth all terrain vehicle (ATV) since the plant began operation July 1, 1998.

January 19, 2004

Timmonsville, SC - Honda of South Carolina Mfg., Inc. (HSC) has produced their 1 millionth all terrain vehicle (ATV) since the plant began operation July 1, 1998. The one millionth ATV — a Honda TRX400EX — was produced by Honda associates working on HSC's second shift.

I am not sure about the other manufacturers. I used to be hard core buy American but I am not sure that a GM or Ford supports American jobs anymore than Toyota, Honda, etc. Today's manufacturing is pretty much a global market.

So does my 98 Honda Foreman 450s. Right on the rear fender. Not sure where it was built though.

Our 98 Forman says the same thing also.

My Polaris doesn't I don't think, As far as I can remember at least.

im all about buying american but when it comes to ATVs iv always had hondas iv got a 1990 honda fourtrax 300 that has plowed 5 driveways + every winter for the last 12 years and all the playin in the mud and riding in the summer and i finnaly had to rebuild the top end last winter. it was burin oil. but i rap that thing up when im pliowin. im very impressed with it. only bad thing is the rear break setup sucks!!!

I'm thinking the Kawasakis are "made" in Lincoln, Nebraska, but I'm not betting my life on it.

Back