• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

alpha's 6.5 Tahoe

I'm in no rush to buy a dedicated tow vehicle I have other means to transport vehicles. I was asking about the differences in the 1500/2500 Suburban platform due to planning for the future. I also wanted to know if my 6.5 Tahoe would be suffient to tow with due to lack of experience with towing.

I lost my job last June and with a family to support all on my own and monthly bills I was burning through my savings. Hey at less then .5% interest I took about the last of my savings to invest in a shop. Make my money go to work for me to make more money... No Brainer. So After going to closing last week on my first commercial property which is a shop zoned capable for auto repair/sales and investing as much as I have just to buy my 1997 6.5 Tahoe I am on a strict budget now. I'm the type to always think ahead and plan for my future.

I truly appreciate this forum and all members here. The experience and vast amount of knowledge here is priceless. Thanks all.

I look forward to getting my 6.5 in better shape. I was just under it starting to clean of some built up 20 year old debris, cacked up dirt/mud and some light oxidation. I plan on re-undercoating it to prevent rust for another 20 years to come. This will be a long fun job. It will be worth it though.

Sometimes things just "pop up" so having an idea of what you need to do the job helps. Subbing out (renting other's Experience and equipment) the vehicle transport is cheaper depending on how many you need to transport. Consider a cheaper used gas engine tow rig as well because with a diesel it's always catastrophic and expensive when the SHTF. Gas is cheaper maintenance in trade for MPG towing.

You may have been able to write off a new vehicle for the business vs. a used one. Check with your accountant or tax professional. They are worth every penny in a business, not just at tax time, but planning for tax time in advance during setup etc.

Back