• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

All on head light mod for 08+

All he'd be doing is retaining his fog lights with use of his highbeams. With the new body styles, the low beams stay on when you turn on your highbeams. TBryne did a write up on it on DP in DIY section.

We ran a diode from the parking lamp relay (pin 85) to the fog lamp relay (pin 85) and now it has all lights on high beam, lows and fogs on low beam and fog lamps with running lamps plus he can still run with just the fogs.

Well I just tried to do this for an 08 GMC and no worke. What size Diode maybe ?

Can you take pictures of your fuse box? I'd be interested to see what it looks like.

Have you tried to switch around the diodes? Like, reverse them? Or try regular wire connecting them two together?

No havn't tried to wire directing it together.I got a relay for the lo beams, 2 small fuses for the hi's 1for eachside, 1medium one for the fogs.
I've tried the 85pins from the lo's to fogs 85 nothing,then the parking relay to the fogs and nothing

now with pix

377.jpg

375.jpg

376.jpg

Hope you can see this:thumbsup::D

If this actually works on an LMM, this would be a first. I dont think anyone yet has done this except for buying a kit that does it.

If you try and take a wire and connect the low beams with the high beams, it'll give it constant power. That means that when juice runs to the low beams, its also gonna run to the fog lights. You'll get a 1 package deal when you turn on your low beams. If that actually works, there's no reason why a diode wont work with this.

this can't be done at the bcm like the lly's? That was a super easy way of doing it. There is a thread on Fullsizechevy, but for some reason I cannot get that site to go on my computer this evening.

I did this on a gasser but I don't see where the LMM wiring for the head lights would be different. I will take some pics Sunday night when I go to work.

Back