• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

All info wanted post here please

ripmf666

Reaction score
If there is anything that anyone wants posted as of Gm spec's just ask.I can post anything that the dealer would use to do repairs to your car or truck.

would this be where I would ask for motor disassembly instructions?

such as head removal, crank removal and taking the pistons and rods off the crank and wristpins...if so...I'll be the first to ask for those...even the GM torque specs document if possible...

Thanks,

Pepp

PS Also assembly intructions...

I am curious as to what the difference in brakes are for 2500HD & 3500SRW (or 9,900 lb braking capacity) vs. 3500 DRW (or 12,000 lb braking capacity). Looking at the EPC the part number for the rear caliper piston is 18040104 for 2500HD/SRW and 18044321 for the 3500 DRW.

I guess all I am asking is if the difference in braking capacity is achieved with different diameter pistons?

I am curious as to what the difference in brakes are for 2500HD & 3500SRW (or 9,900 lb braking capacity) vs. 3500 DRW (or 12,000 lb braking capacity). Looking at the EPC the part number for the rear caliper piston is 18040104 for 2500HD/SRW and 18044321 for the 3500 DRW.

I guess all I am asking is if the difference in braking capacity is achieved with different diameter pistons?

That I will have to dig for info this area if for repair info. this info is the same as the dealer tech would use to do the repair.Some of the stuff that I will get up here will look like this link http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6160

would this be where I would ask for motor disassembly instructions?

such as head removal, crank removal and taking the pistons and rods off the crank and wristpins...if so...I'll be the first to ask for those...even the GM torque specs document if possible...

Thanks,

Pepp

PS Also assembly intructions...

Paul I will post the LB7 info first just need the HTML's turned on in this area its turned on in the TSB area and I posted the long DTC list.

Paul I will post the LB7 info first just need the HTML's turned on in this area its turned on in the TSB area and I posted the long DTC list.

Got it turned on for you Henry.

I am thinking of building a Fuel Pressure Tap for the Duramax engines. (Its like the one I make for the 6.5)
Anyway I would like to know the thead pitch and length of threads of the air bleed on the filter head. Also is the air bleed pre or post filtered fuel.
There are so many 6.6 forum sections that Im not sure where to post to get max exposure to the question.

Thank you.
Leroy

I am thinking of building a Fuel Pressure Tap for the Duramax engines. (Its like the one I make for the 6.5)
Anyway I would like to know the thead pitch and length of threads of the air bleed on the filter head. Also is the air bleed pre or post filtered fuel.
There are so many 6.6 forum sections that Im not sure where to post to get max exposure to the question.

Thank you.
Leroy

Hey Leroy

I will see if I can get that info for you if not I might still be able to help you in another way.There is only one issue with getting the fuel pressure off the 6.6 you will not get a reading if there is no lift pump on the truck. The cp3 has a pump that pulls it so it works on a vacum system. most pick up the pressure just before the cp3 after coming out of the filter housing as close as you can get to the cp3 in the valve.

Thats a good piont, no LP no pressure.

So, dumb questions time.
1. Is the air bleed after the CP3?
2. Is the CP3 a lift pump or the IP? or is it just a high pressure pump?
3. What does CP3 mean?

Happy 4th

Thats a good piont, no LP no pressure.

So, dumb questions time.
1. Is the air bleed after the CP3?
2. Is the CP3 a lift pump or the IP? or is it just a high pressure pump?
3. What does CP3 mean?

Happy 4th

The air bleeder is on the filter housing but there is also a auto bleeder inline to the cp3 pump high pressure pump that bleeds off air by its self. The CP3 is 2 pumps in 1 on the back of the pump there is a small gear pump that pulls fuel from the tank with vacum once its past the filter and into the cp3 inlet it is pressurized after that to 26,000 psi then sent to the rails.

OK then, sounds like there may not be a need to know fuel pressure. As long as it runs the CP3 must be working, right? Were there Dmax's that used a LP to supply IP ?

port were most use now
DSCF7590.jpg

Place were I made for a gauge pickup but was not needed to be done this way.
LBZTakeout040.jpg

LBZTakeout043.jpg

LBZTakeout027.jpg

Auto Bleeder
bleeder.jpg

Henry,

can you help me with what these mean...I got these from EFI live scan tool on my wifes tahoe...

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" H ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"
B3770 "Air Flow Control 6 (A/C) Feedback Circuit" H ($98) "HVAC Control Module"
B0408 "Temperature Control {single or 1} (main or front) Circuit" H ($98) "HVAC Control Module"
B0429 "Temperature Control 3 (rear) Circuit Range/Performance" H ($9A) "HVAC Control Module-Rear Auxiliary"
C0760 "Left Rear Low Tire Pressure Sensor" HC ($A1) "Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM)"
B1850 "(Left Front/Driver or generic) Seat Lumbar Horizontal Position Sensor Circuit" H ($A6) "Driver Seat Module (DSM)"
B3606 "Adjustable Foot Pedal Position Sensor Circuit" H ($A6) "Driver Seat Module (DSM)"

Henry,

can you help me with what these mean...I got these from EFI live scan tool on my wifes tahoe...

Diagnostic Trouble Codes
U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" H ($58) "Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)"
B3770 "Air Flow Control 6 (A/C) Feedback Circuit" H ($98) "HVAC Control Module"
B0408 "Temperature Control {single or 1} (main or front) Circuit" H ($98) "HVAC Control Module"
B0429 "Temperature Control 3 (rear) Circuit Range/Performance" H ($9A) "HVAC Control Module-Rear Auxiliary"
C0760 "Left Rear Low Tire Pressure Sensor" HC ($A1) "Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM)"
B1850 "(Left Front/Driver or generic) Seat Lumbar Horizontal Position Sensor Circuit" H ($A6) "Driver Seat Module (DSM)"
B3606 "Adjustable Foot Pedal Position Sensor Circuit" H ($A6) "Driver Seat Module (DSM)"

What year is it?

I don't suppose you can post the wiring diagrams for the 91 r3500. I've got the headlight mess figured out but got stuck on the DRL and I think Is the low coolant light.

Back