• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

All Headlight on Mod? Help!

MD Welding

Reaction score
I tried the all headlight on mod im my lmm today. I put the diode in the fusebox as seen on the forum and it worked.

My question is should the diode wire that connects the fuses get really hot? I got a little wire burn on my finger when I touched it. My G/F said she saw smoke. Needless to say I took out the diode. Is it normal for it to get hot?

I can't imagine it getting that hot if you do the under the dash method.

P/N IN4001 Micromini from Radio Shack.

I am reading where there may be a kit invilved I guess.

I guess I was hoping for an easy wasy.

I ran a wire from my fog lamp relay to my park lamp relay and my fogs stay on all the time. Even with the in cab switch off. Now I can run all 6 lights at night. Do I risk cooking anything jumping the 2 relays? The wire didn't get hot like the diode wire.

Shouldn't run any risk. On my SSEi, I jumped the pins for the headlight ground where the relay is for the DRL's, as without the wire, the passenger high beam wouldn't work. As long as you used a decent size wire, there shouldn't be an issue.

Anything with juice running through it is gonna get hot. However, if you saw smoke, something's wrong.

Can you post a picture of what your fuse box looks like?

Back