• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ali issue?

blizzardplowman

Crowd Control
Reaction score
Ok, My 06 with a transgo, a tripple and otherwise stock guts has been flawless for 32k. Until Friday coming home from vacation, about 15 miles from home getting on the freeway the truck down shifted odd and went into limp. Set p0732 and p0700. I cleared the codes and finished driving home with no issues. I was pulling the camper and had just finished about 400 miles on the way home, mostly freeway. Thoughts?

seems like a fluke. just for s and giggles i'd change the spin on and check your fluid levels. other than that i would not worry much. what kinda power you running?

How much power are you running through it? Just doing the Transgo is only going to hold so much. Your going to have to drop the pan to diagnose and see what if any debris is in there.

If your lucky and there is none then you might have a solenoid problem or pressure switch issue. Either or the pan has to be removed.

Edge evo on tow, never more. Fluid and filiters are fresh, just shy of 2k. did all fluids and filiters this spring. Had been working her hard in the moutains of Arkanas I dont like the slow lane ):h But that was the day before, Friday was the stae of Il and then Wisconsin to home.

Well the code is Incorrect 2nd gear ratio. 99% of the time means a bad clutch. Perhaps your a 1% and it's the Manifold switch or a solenoid. There is ways of testing at the harness pins. Get a Allison manual

Po700 is just a code that states the TCM is or has a code stored.

I'd get the stage IV in it, with towing that big beast there probably shot

I hope not yet, I had 70k on the 01 before she acted up. It's been fine since, but I am hauling a load of beef cows from auction sunday so we'll see.
I was thinking of updating trucks after winter so it would piss me off to need to go deeper in the trans now, I would have to keep the rig. I want the new 6k front end they keep telling me about. Might be 2011 now though.

I hope not yet, I had 70k on the 01 before she acted up. It's been fine since, but I am hauling a load of beef cows from auction sunday so we'll see.
I was thinking of updating trucks after winter so it would piss me off to need to go deeper in the trans now, I would have to keep the rig. I want the new 6k front end they keep telling me about. Might be 2011 now though.

let me know when your getting rid of it I might be ready to get another truck

6k dollar front end maybe. i doubt gm is doing much designing of ultra heavy duty now that obango and his greenies are 50% owners of gm. they may be designing the new aveo though:)

I have a picture of an 08 style truck with a 6K LB front axle, I hope this is still on the back burner, its what GM needs to compete with Fords 6K and dodges 5200LB ratings. I have several friends who work at a gm facility and they confirmed what I was given at a snowplow manufactures meeting.

Well, trans did it again, looks like I get to r/r another Alli :( Set P0732, fluid is clean, filiter mag in clean. WTF? I'm pulling the pan Wednesday night for a looksee......

Do a speed sensor check before you yank the trans. We don't see P0732 very often and the C4 clutches rarely go bad.

Last edited:
Back