• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Alarm for "Check Gauges"

I like this a lot, Kane. Good job. Care to share how you did it. I am sure a lot 6.5'ers would appreciate a little more heads-up than a dinky idiot light could provide.

Well, really easy to do... you need 12v led and 12v buzzer (bought from local car part store).
Remove instrument panel, Check Gauges module (integrated) will ground Check Gauges lamp if it needs to be on.
So, I took wire from lamp foot and that's it. Give to buzzer and led +12v when power is on. They will be on like Check Gauges light before starting engine but I don't care that. When running...if light comes on for reason... these will really alarm enough to your attention. :driving:
That's more my life insurance for engine.

Here's pic... http://kuvablogi.com/nayta/1399174/

BR. kane

The 'check gages' (spelled that way on mine) light also comes on when the temps get too high, not just when you lose oil pressure.

It may or may not be too late for your engine - that's a different discussion; in any case, it's all help and no hurt, so great idea, Kane!

Jim

That looks good, Kane. I also like the location of your gauges. Have been thinking about relocating there when I replace the stock radio.

That would be real pleasurable on a cold morning here in Saskatchewan waiting for the glow plugs to pre heat.

Even if it is something that I would not want in my truck I admire the effort. Maybe you should market that to female operators.

Yeah, I could do without the buzzer, but i like the light!

'course, the buzzer isn't much worse than my 'air pressure low' warning. :)

One button to open the garage door....the other button to start the truck....life is good....lol!

Wife leaves for work before I do... she gets the garage, but she has to start my truck so it's warm when I leave.

She's a nice girl... :)

Wife leaves for work before I do... she gets the garage, but she has to start my truck so it's warm when I leave.

She's a nice girl... :)

You've go a "keeper" there Jim, treat her well. I find if you rub their feet every night the payback is 10x.:)

:lol::lol:
That's good idea...

Well, I had to take buzzer off... too noisy :crazy: I need to check schematic that I could use the buzzer already there (for key / seatbelt...)

Back