• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AirDog 150

Philbilly2

Just a speck on the wall
Reaction score
If anyone is considering getting an AirDog system...do it. Got mine on the other day.

There kit is awsome, and very easy to install. I was not sure about buying one because everyone has FASS around me. I got one and couldn't be happier.

If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Did you have the correct fittings in the kit?I have heard some do some don't.Overall was this install easy.

You cannot even hear it unless you stick your head down under the truck.

The most noise that you hear is all the fuel that is circulating going back down the filler neck.

It sounds NOTHTING remotely like a FASS.

And yes, the kit came with eveything I needed to do my truck, plus quite a few extra fittings and extra fuel hose to stick in the junk drawer.

IMO - better set up kit than it's computition.

Is the airdog one of the flow thru kits where fuel will continue to flow even if the pump is turned off or does the pump need to be wired to run everytime the ignition switch is set to the run postition? A lift pump is definately on the list of future mods just have too save up a little more in the toy fund.

FASS is made by the son of the guy that makes the Airdog - main real difference is the size of the fuel tubing: one has 1/2", t'other has 5/8" - the old man designed FASS for 18-wheelers, sold it, son bought it back after dad had designed Airdog - looka lik different, acta lik sam ting

Flow-thru was not part of the original design criteria

Last edited:
It will flow through if you want it to not be on, but I would not advise wacking the pedal when you have it off. It has to pull fuel through a seperator, a filter, a cooler, then the factory filter before the pump. That is a lot to ask from pump all the way up under the hood.

The other huge difference is the size in general. FASS is a huge pump with huge filters.

Air Dog is better designed for pickups. Mine is out of sight out of mind down under the truck near the transfer case.

I haven't tested MPG. I don't get to drive my truck much so when I do, now that the rail no longer drains, I am always in to the throttle.

I need to get one of these, and was wondering about the correct fittings as I have heard that there was a problem there, thanks for sharing the info.

yea some truck have the problem some don't. i had to cut my sending unit back a bit but its no biggie. i've sold quite a few of them to guys on DP so if anybody needs one hit me up.

kyle

kyle good to see some of the vendors starting to show up on some of the other forums. Have you guys started carrying Transgo Jr's? That is the next mod that is going in the truck, somene ought to beat me for not geting off my but and installing one yet.

Philbilly2 thanks for the help, but one more thiing does installing a lift pump normally help wih fuel mileage? I really don't need one yet as i am only running an Edge Evo on one of the mild settings, but I am contamplating selling it and getting mechanical gauges and a PPE and then probably sooner than I want getting some tranny work. I am not worried about having a Dyno baby, I have just heard alot of good things about PPE and would like to try one of their programmers. That an I would like to dissable my EGR without having to cut into the wiring harness.

So far I have bought a couple of things from the guys at XDP and have been nothing but pleased with the service that I have received.

I will be getting the Air-Dog in the next couple of weeks. Kyle will there be a DTR discount:biggrin5:.By what I here this is a complete kit right? Do yall think I need to run a intank billet pickup with the liftpump? I am going to be running the 300hp PPE tune. I cant wait in a couple of weeks I am getting trans built,Air-Dog pump & new wheels & tires!!! I finally found the money tree:cornut:

I recomened that you dont put the pickup in there. If you do, you have to keep the tank 1/2 full, so now you only have a 13 gallon tank.

What I did with mine and it hasen't failed me yet is to rill a bunch of 1/8 inch holes in the bottome of the factory fuel bowl. Then you don't have to worry about running out of fuel in the bowl

:smile5:thanks phil

yea tyler shoot me a pm and i'll set you up. glad to hear joverman, we are working on setting up w/ trans go right now, so hopefully within the next few weeks. i agree you don't need the billet pickup. the suction tube will be sufficient enough. also you can expect to see about a 1-2mpg increase, b/c of the kit giving your motor pure fuel and no air bubbles. this will also lower egts a bit and give you more pedal power.:seeya:

:smile5:thanks phil

yea tyler shoot me a pm and i'll set you up. glad to hear joverman, we are working on setting up w/ trans go right now, so hopefully within the next few weeks. i agree you don't need the billet pickup. the suction tube will be sufficient enough. also you can expect to see about a 1-2mpg increase, b/c of the kit giving your motor pure fuel and no air bubbles. this will also lower egts a bit and give you more pedal power.:seeya:

Cool,kind of glad so I dont have to pull the bed or drop the tank. So does the Air-Dog kit come with instructions? So it is better to hook it up to the ignition than to run it off a toggle switch? Also how often do you need to replace the filters on it?Kyle in the the next week or so I will pm you on the price! Thanks Guys

cool, well are you going to go w/ the 100 or 150. b/c your gonna have to drop the tank w/ either one. only diff is the 150 you will have to drill the tank. i think most people are just doing them w/o the toggle switch just through the key on power.

cool, well are you going to go w/ the 100 or 150. b/c your gonna have to drop the tank w/ either one. only diff is the 150 you will have to drill the tank. i think most people are just doing them w/o the toggle switch just through the key on power.

Oh ok, dont know alot about lift pumps. Dont know why I was bitching anyway I will be using a truck lift. I will be going with the 150, so you have modify the factory pick up in the tank or what?

nope all that stays, w/ the 150 kit you have to drill the tanks and install the suction tube. so w/ the 150 kit it doesn't ppull through the stock sending unit anymore.

w/ the 100 it uses the stock pickup but gives you new fittings that attach to it. btw you might have to cut the suction fitting to lock the collar on there, phil and some other guys know what i'm talking about. here is a pic of my sending unit w/ the new fitting on it.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Back