• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Airbags - Which do you use (or other device - Timbren's, add-a-leaf?)

DuneMe

Republican
Reaction score
Time to get some more info on this forum!

I run the Airlift Airbags and the Wireless Air on-board Air System for the compressor.

I'm running the Firestone Ride Rites. Absolutely love them. I do some finish work and have a small compressor in the back of the truck anyways, so it's hard to spend the money for onboard. I would love to though...that one is going on the wanna list...those damned seams in the concrete slab are hard on the back and adjustment going down the road sounds like a real winner.

I am running Airlift helper bags and Sulastic shackles with Bilstein 5100 (My own pick).

Air bags 0-3psi with no load and the Sulastic's = GREAT ride

With load I air up the bags to of set the load weight.

Air compressor complete custom package coming soon. :sifone:

I'm running the Firestone Ride Rites. Absolutely love them. I do some finish work and have a small compressor in the back of the truck anyways, so it's hard to spend the money for onboard. I would love to though...that one is going on the wanna list...those damned seams in the concrete slab are hard on the back and adjustment going down the road sounds like a real winner.

X2 on the firestones..

Can't make shit for tires, but the bags are great!

Been thinking about getting bags for awhile. Everyone here seems happy with theirs? My truck doesn't sag uneven, but enough that I would like a little lift when haulin'. Does it also help with ride/handling when towing?

I run a set of each (firestone and airlift) btw 2 trucks. They both do the same thing, but I liked the fit and finish of the Firestones a little better. The heat shield mainly. It's quite a bit nicer on the Fstones. If I found a good deal on either, I'd buy either set.

I'm running Timbren's and an extra leaf spring. Added them after having my springs re-arced, and no my pin weight wasn't over the stock load rating.

I just had the airlift bags put in and WOW - what a difference in towing. Glad I invested the money.

Just need a portable compressor. Going to start a new thread for ideas on which ones work well.

I'm running Timbren's and an extra leaf spring. Added them after having my springs re-arced, and no my pin weight wasn't over the stock load rating.

Are there Weight Police on this site too? :frown2:

I have Air Lift bags.
I run about 10 PSI empty, and when I load the 5ver with about 2000-2200 pin weight, this pressure compresses to about 18 PSI.
Truck rides level, and second stage springs are still engaged with first stage to minimize sway.
I carry a bike manual pump if I need air, (call me cheap). 5-10 pumps per bag is all I ever need.

Last edited:
Must be A Sweet Ride

I am running the Firestone Air bags and wish I had these Sulastic Things
Must be a real sweet smooth ride! I run 2-8 emty and when hauling the Camper (10,000) 80-100 depends on how loaded (water/waste/Gray-Beer):prrr:

I am running Airlift helper bags and Sulastic shackles with Bilstein 5100 (My own pick).

Air bags 0-3psi with no load and the Sulastic's = GREAT ride

With load I air up the bags to of set the load weight.

Air compressor complete custom package coming soon. :sifone:

Back