• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air Filter or PMD???

Gunner0812

A(ACLU) Agent Mini Gunner
Reaction score
Last week it really poured down. We got too much rain! Driving to the truck it hicupped alittle but kept running. I get two blocks down the road and it stalls. Sometimes it would run for 5 sec other times for 500 ft or so. I was able to get it home. My question is..is it the cone airfilter I've had it since 2006 bought it from SSDiesel and its been cleaned or is it the pmd? The nest day it fired up with no problems no stalling. Thanks for your help.:D

I'd look at electronics, Guns.. check for a non-weatherproof connection somewhere in the whole injection circuit - PMD connections are a prime target, as is the connector for the OS...

If you aren't talking about 40-days-and-40-nights rain, though, it really shouldn't be an issue... were you driving in the puddles up to the top of the hood or something?

-45 celsius with the wind today and yesterday....

Jetta started without being plugged in....can't say the same for the 6.5....LOL!

-45 celsius with the wind today and yesterday....

Jetta started without being plugged in....can't say the same for the 6.5....LOL!

you can keep the cold. it was a whole 4C today LOL

as for the starting and stalling, could it be the filters just gotten waterlogged? did you try bringing it inside to dry it out?

First, where is your PMD? Not in the signature?

Second, if it started again, why worry about it now.
At any rate, get a new PMD for spare if you don't have one just in case.
Trust me, it is cheaper to get another one when you don't need it in a hurry.

That is how we want it to stay like that too. All of our friends up north just need to tell Al Gore too hurry up with that global warming.

That is how we want it to stay like that too. All of our friends up north just need to tell Al Gore too hurry up with that global warming.

If Al is right we may be warmer but some of you might be looking for high ground. I think you're safe.:D

Thanks for all advice guys. Tomorrow I'll at the gun range early so I'm taking the car just to be safe.

Back