• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

air conditioner

midknightrider

Reaction score
my air was working fine in the morning went to store to buy parts for lumina mid afternoon air started out cold then blew warm. i could hear the condenser cycleing but one of the cycles was warm. then later that night i went to groccery store and the air didnt act up at all. :noidea: are those sighns i need to recharge the system or now that it aint acting up is there a bigger problem.:wtf1:

Could be one of the temperature door actuators. Is it blowing warm out of one side or both?

the fan blew as strong as it did before and the warm air was comming out of the center vents. its mind boggleing cause it has not done it since ive been driving it today and all is well. i know the air was on cause the snow flake was lit up and blower was on . dealer could not find anything either and pressure checked it and its perfect. well maybe you can help on this. my driver side seat is power and the switch to raise and lower the seat works off and on (son of a bitch) dealer wants 614 for just the 2 motors and another 400 for labor(**** suckers) has anyone else had this problem.

I would think that it would be the switch before the motors. Do your dash lights dim when hitting the button, but not moving the seat? I would check with a meter and see if you are getting full voltage to the motors while it's acting up. You'd certainly be able to get a whole seat a junk yard for less than that. Maybe even be cheaper at the dealer, and they'd have to take the seat out to replace parts anyway, so it should be a lot less labor and you'd have a new seat.

Edit: On gmpartsdirect the 03-07 gmc cloth seat is MSRP $633.37 your price $461.09 and leather is anywhere from $815.90 , $593.98 to $1,634.45 $1,189.88 even if you had the highest priced one there, you may as well purchase it and change it yourself then sell your old one on ebay.

thanx for the reply. i forgot about gmdirectparts.com hopefully i can figure out how to put the motors in. the dealer did check the volts going to the motors and there was no vollts detected saying motors are shot. but every once and awile they will work. anyone know the part numbers for seat motors.

Sounds like some kind of dip****. I think even my 3 year old can figure out that the motors aren't going to work if there's no voltage going to them. I would have told him he was an idiot if he tried telling me the motors were bad because they weren't getting voltage. It's not like the motors are responsible for sucking voltage in. If there is no voltage, then I'd say it's either bad wiring or, the more likely choice, bad switches.

Back