• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

aftermarket grille

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
Hi all,

been cruising on fleabay a,d I saw this astonishing grille (look at item # 330298498564 ).:drool5:

I believe it should be awesome on my truck, but I wonder if this kind of mesh could not be an handicap for cooling.

What do you think about it?

Frankly Scarlet, I think it's ugly... unless it's going in a bling machine for cruisin' the 'hood, in which case you also have to put spinners on your truck, hang dingle-balls from the headliner, fuzzy dice from the mirror, and get a little virgin mary for the dashboard... then it would fit right in. :D

Seriously, Matuva, I'd bet it interferes with the airflow too much; if you are worried at all about overheating (as in, you pull heavy, or you live in hot ambients with hills), I wouldn't do it.

Frankly Scarlet, I think it's ugly... unless it's going in a bling machine for cruisin' the 'hood, in which case you also have to put spinners on your truck, hang dingle-balls from the headliner, fuzzy dice from the mirror, and get a little virgin mary for the dashboard... then it would fit right in. :D

Seriously, Matuva, I'd bet it interferes with the airflow too much; if you are worried at all about overheating (as in, you pull heavy, or you live in hot ambients with hills), I wouldn't do it.

Jim, you forgot the purple sex lights, remember those? Leo

To each his own man. Although its not for me if you like it who cares what we think. :D

FYI on posting links, that's covered here:

Site Rules

Specifically, rule number 8.

8) Links to Ebay and other ad related sites

These are allowed as long as they have no vendor conflict and don't promote the posting member's sale. They must also have some purpose towards the forum they are posted in.

And BTW, matuva, I really WAS kidding with my comments about how it looks! I agree with CtChevy427 - if you like it, that's what counts!

(but I reserve the right to snicker) :)

Thanks for the precision about eBay links and all your comments.
No offense Jim ;), I know this is a true fact that I'm sometimes enclined to bling-bling, my half often laugh at that :D

In 6.5 crowd here, we are some like that : in love with our 6.5, happy to work on our trucks, tweaking, bling-bling, beer, and so and----:thumbsup:

I like it!

Keep in mind you don't get the gawd awful lights with it....

Mine is cracked in several places....I might have to look into this company....

I have a snap-on grille insert (just the part that covers that actual grille, itself) that is exactly like that, except it's painted black and it has the cut out for the GMC emblem. If anything, the holes in mine are smaller. My radiator stays clean and I am positive that it does not affect cooling. I have towed with and without it - have never seen any difference.

I have a snap-on grille insert (just the part that covers that actual grille, itself) that is exactly like that, except it's painted black and it has the cut out for the GMC emblem. If anything, the holes in mine are smaller. My radiator stays clean and I am positive that it does not affect cooling. I have towed with and without it - have never seen any difference.

Thanks, Dennis... that's good to know!

Last edited:
Not all too enthusiastic about it, might work nice in the wintertime to heat up a bit faster? ;)

Think this one was a tad better for my tastes anyway:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-0...62QQcategoryZ33645QQihZ014QQitemZ330299103313

Saw a Range rover front end for our trucks at the other place a while back that was kind of cool, tried to search for it but couldn't locate that thread again..

here's the range rover. Does exist in black or chrome : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-9...ryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To be honest, I have a prefernce for the first one I talked about, but I've been hesitating before.
I saw 2 others :

1 more "classic" : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...ryZ33645QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and 1 more "cadillac" : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360119062264&fromMakeTrack=true

The GMC style looks then a good compromise between classic and bling-bling, but was wondering about cooling---

Boy, I have been buying this and that for my truck and you guys are gonna make me spend more money. I like some of those grills and the price is right as well!:smile5:

Back