• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

advise turning up a db2

john65td

Addicted to boost
Reaction score
i was just wondering how guys here do it? i have read to acess the allen screw from the side access plate so the govoner doesn't get messed up but it looks like a pain. or is it ok if you go through the top plate and be careful? i did a search here but couldn't find what i was looking for. any input is appericated thanks

Go thru the side. A pain to see, but easier than messing with the top (imo).

5/32 allen head is what you are looking for. A light and a mirror will be a great help.

I've always taken the top off. Never could figure out how to get at it from the side... Just make damn sure you get it back together the same as it was when you pulled it apart, I got a spring wrong and had to shut the truck down with a Carhart in the intake. SCARY!

Yeah, I went through the top when I do mine. Just got to be sure to make sure your fuel shutoff is back together correctly. I actually had my old injection pump eat my governor spring. I put it in wrong. Surprisingly it didnt do damage. Fished out all the shaving with a magnet. Here's a fun fact. We dug through some pens until we found the longest stiffest one we could and replaced it back in there. It gave it a 3700rpm fuel shutoff. Worked just fine until I could get it rebuilt. The average pen saved the day!!

I have the manual in pdf. if you pm me a email I can send it to you. Or contact me at my user name at yahoo dot com

Back