• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ac stinks

jackh

Reaction score
went to the beach a couple days ago and came back late at night. i just decided to leave the towels in the car till i cleaned the whole car out in the morning. the towels weren't really wet but sorta damp and now my interior smells kinda bad. when i turn the ac on, it starts to smell like **** and i just roll the windows down. anybody know what i can do to get that smell out?

If you have a near by Walmart stop in and buy a closet deodorizer. Its in a blue container the is kinda oval in shape with venting on the top. It got like a charcoal gel inside. Took all the smoke smell out of my truck from the previous owner in just a day or two.

Does your car have a cabin filter? If so it might not be a bad idea to change it, the moisture may have started mold growing on it.

ill look for that odor killer. my friend has changed his cabin filter before ill ask him how hard it was. i think ill try the odor killer first though that seems like it would be a lot easier

ill look for that odor killer. my friend has changed his cabin filter before ill ask him how hard it was. i think ill try the odor killer first though that seems like it would be a lot easier

What kind of car is it? Most cabin filters are behind the glove box more or less.

GM stopped using cabin filters in there trucks in 2003. 99-02 had them from the factory. You can pull the blower motor and get access to the evaporator core and spray a odor eliminator on it. GM makes a spray that is a odor eliminator.(part#12378554) Or a bleach/water mixture just be VERY careful not to get it on your carpet or interior.

GM stopped using cabin filters in there trucks in 2003. 99-02 had them from the factory. You can pull the blower motor and get access to the evaporator core and spray a odor eliminator on it. GM makes a spray that is a odor eliminator.(part#12378554) Or a bleach/water mixture just be VERY careful not to get it on your carpet or interior.

X2 :cool:

Back