• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ABS light on

WPatrus

Flunky
Reaction score
My abs light keeps coming on and off. There seems to be a slight lack of pressure when I first apply the brakes. It does come back to full pressure but it isn't there when I first apply the brakes.

Kinda feels like a vacum thing to me. Also I noticed last week that one of my brake sensors on coming off my hub was slightly warn I guess from a tire?

I taped that up with electerical tape but it might also be contributing as well.

Any ideas guys. Never been a brake guro myself.
Thanks

I just replaced my bearings a month ago - I found the problem though. The wheel speed sensor has rubbed up against the tire (I didn't tie it back enough). I have spliced, soldered and taped up the line properly but the light seems to still be on -

I have cleared it now with EFI Live and if it comes back on I dunno where to go from here. Everything is working properly anyway.

wheel bearings are one reason. i got cracked pads on mine and those are settin it off. not often but enough to get annoying. loose wheel speed sensors, bad seals (rear) let fluid into braking system(e brake drums), bad abs motor (rare) are all reason for the light to kick on. check your fluid, might be reason pedal goes funny on you. pads could be stickin in the clips, might pull those out and scrub off any rust or grime on them. i did that to mine and it made a difference in braking. truck no longer pulls one way when i hit the brakes hard.....

just a few things to check.

SO far so good after resoldering everything yesterday and clearing the codes with EFI Live. Turns out my problem was not tying the wheel speed sensor far enough out of the way.

Thanks for the ideas guys - I glad this fixed it. I was getting tired of pulling these tires on and off the past few days.

I just had the driver side bearing replaced now the abs stopped coming on started to think it was my Viper alarm

Back