• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

a/t tires...

I'm running 265/70/17 BFG at's. D rated.

Up and down the pass every day, which is very windy pass. A fair amount of gravel, some city, and some highway. They have about 20k on them now and are wearing great. I should be able to get 50k out of them.

I am very happy with my Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor LT265/75R-16 (Load Range E). They are just as quiet as the Bridgestone V-Steel highway tread tires that came with the truck.

So far I have over 18,000 miles on them with minimal wear. Traction has been excellent in all driving conditions.

I keep them at 65 psi front and rear, unless I tow heavy, in which case I'll pump up the rears to 80 psi.

I too am happy with the BFG TA KO's. This is my 6th set on various trucks. My experience has been generally the same as others:

+ Good snow and dirt traction
+ Good dry road manners, handling and quiet
+ Good treadwear, 35k on the current set with quite a few burnouts under their belts :eyebrows:

- Pricey

Worth the money IMHO, obvious from how I keep going back to them.

I too am happy with the BFG TA KO's. This is my 6th set on various trucks. My experience has been generally the same as others:

+ Good snow and dirt traction
+ Good dry road manners, handling and quiet
+ Good treadwear, 35k on the current set with quite a few burnouts under their belts :eyebrows:

- Pricey

Worth the money IMHO, obvious from how I keep going back to them.

I'm on my third set of BFG's. 1st and 2nd set was replaced under warranty. And this set is wearing like it should. I'm averaging about 25-30K from the tires.

I've got the toyo open country tires. 265/75/16 load range E They ride and handle well, but they don't wear too well. I haven't been towing with them lately and they've been wearing a lot better. Just not a good tire if you're gonna be towing a lot, but a great tire if you're not.

I got a little over 15,000 out of my BFGs. Due to bad alignment and bad ball joints.

BFGs are fussy about having everything in alignment. They are a soft compund so they will wear really fast if you dont keep the truck aligned.

I have put 1,000 miles on a really bad alignment so far with my transforce ATs and they dont show it at all. I havent had time to get the truck aligned. One of thses days I will as the dealership is only a half mile from where I work.

My complaint bout the transforces, no traction. Dry pavement with a mushy tranny I can break the tires loose at 40mph. Wet pavement is really bad.

4wd boosted launches will spin all 4 a little bit on dry pavement.

I know in the snow they arent too great either as I plowed through 104" last year with them and got stuck numerous times.

But they are really quiet, wear great, and ride nice due to the closed shoulder.

Plus I get an employee discount.

O.k, I now have 20k on my Nitto's, they are wearing great, probably get another 20k out of them. This has been my first set of tires with the ceramic balancing beads in them and I will never mount another set of tires on anything without the balancing beads. :)

Got ~10k out of my kumho's. Mostly a combination of bad suspension parts on the front and a lot of burnouts. Rotated the tires at least 8 times and all 4 were gone in about 10k miles. Even with nice driving and good suspension setup, I doubt these would have made it past 25-30k miles. Seemed like a really soft tire. JMO though.

i have hurd that the BFG A/T wares a lot better if you get a little wider of a wheel. We don't run them cause they are expensive for this truck

Just got a set of Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's. I am hoping for around 40,000 out of them. So far they seem to ride nice. Only have about 250 miles on them as of right now though.

Gonna throw my 2c in here on the BFG AT KOs. I have 78k+ on my 285s and they still have about 1/4 to 3/8 tread left. I'm on stock alloys too. This is my 4th set on 4 different trucks. 2 sets of 265s and 2 sets of 285s. I rotate every 12 to 15 k and run them at about 42 psi. This is the most I've ever gotten out of a set because all the other 2500HDs were traded in sooner or I probably would have had similar results. I am going to get a new set in a couple of weeks because these aren't good enough to go through another winter. I don't drive off road except to haul equipment or wagons in and out of farm fields and run only pavement when heavy trailering.The rest of my driving is 99% pavement. I do know they don't hold up to gravel roads very well and they don't like burnouts but then what tire does;)? Yeah they're expensive but a good value for me and they look good.

I just don't know why I haven't had good results with the BFG's.

My current one's are BALD. So, I'm fixing to order me a new set one more time and see how these turn out. I'm rotating every 7K or so...

procomp tires are hit and miss, some are great others are shatty. I have about 30k or so on mine and they are ok. I had a tire blow out on me not long ago so my opinion may be a bit skewed:D

I believe pro comp just had to recall a bunch of their AT tires a few months ago.

Back