• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Pillar Gauges

WhtThndr3

Yeah, I'm that guy
Reaction score
I'm starting to look at some a-pillar gauges. How easy is the installation? I want and egt and boost gauge. Are they kinda plug and play like a monitor (doubt it figured I'd ask), or do I have to tap the exhaust manifold and hook up to boost etc.. Thanks.

Gauges IMO are always your best option but you are in luck if you wanted something plug and play you could look at the Dashhawk @ Dashhawk.com. It hooks up to your OBDII port under the dash. Putting in a set of gauges is not really to difficult. I just did a set and found that the hardest thing was planing a clean install. You will need to drill and tap the exhaust manifold for the EGT probe but its rather easy if you take your time. You will also have to drill and tap for the boost gauge unless you use a boost manifold from SoCal Diesel. The rest is routing wire and hose. Good luck in which ever way you go.

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6792-1.jpg

IMG_6798.jpg

Okay where did you get the badass Bowtie gauges see now I have to go and spend more money thanks alot man. Very clean install looks good.

Those do look really good...I like that bowtie...

Here's a shot of my Cobalts...

And the location to where I tapped in for the boost line. Looking at these, I realize I need to get some better night shots....

Also, nevermind the intake...Its the gold line drilled into one of the boost tubes. Some people use one of the intercooler tubes. I didnt and mine came out fine. I think its a better connection anyways. And considering LBZ's and LMM's have the same motor, you could use the exact same location.

Attachments

• HPIM0521.jpg
    HPIM0521.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM0524, 2.jpg
    HPIM0524, 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 21
  • HPIM0531.jpg
    HPIM0531.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 22
  • HPIM0604.jpg
    HPIM0604.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 18
  • boost line.jpg
    boost line.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 22
Those do look really good...I like that bowtie...

Here's a shot of my Cobalts...

And the location to where I tapped in for the boost line. Looking at these, I realize I need to get some better night shots....

Also, nevermind the intake...Its the gold line drilled into one of the boost tubes. Some people use one of the intercooler tubes. I didnt and mine came out fine. I think its a better connection anyways. And considering LBZ's and LMM's have the same motor, you could use the exact same location.

Thanks Nick, it was your pics that influenced me to go with the cobalts over a controller. Additionally they match the interior of the LMM better. They look sweet.

Okay where did you get the badass Bowtie gauges see now I have to go and spend more money thanks alot man. Very clean install looks good.

The gauges came from Jegs. P/N 01053604-00406 Boost Gauge P/N 01053644-00406 Pyro. Thanks

X2, how do they look illuminated? Thanks for the advise and pics.

They are quite bright when illuminated but not it has not bothered me so far. Pictures will give you an idea of the brightness compared to the stock dash lights.

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6805.jpg

My AM Cobalts took some getting used to at night (seemed very bright), but after a few days, no issue. I like them.

nice gauges bill. they look to be the autometer 2 series. internal led lights and no bulbs. i will need to look into if they make a water temp gauge.

nice gauges bill. they look to be the autometer 2 series. internal led lights and no bulbs. i will need to look into if they make a water temp gauge.

Joe thanks. They are the Sport-Comp series with led lights as you said. You mentioned a water temp gauge well your in luck, here is the link to Jegs product page.http://www.jegs.com/p/Auto+Meter/990933/10002/-1 I'm glad you mentioned the water temp gauge because when I went to the Auto Meter site I was reminded about the $35.00 rebate I forgot to fill out.

Back