• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A New Victim Brought To Barry's Refuge

bk95td

6.5 nut job/addict
Reaction score
Well I didn't need another truck but I couldn't pass this one up. It has the cleanest body and frame of any truck I own. It spent all but the last year or so in Colorado. No real rust at all. The PO spent over $1900 in recent repairs. It has a new clutch, radiator, heater core, water pump and front brakes.
The bad. He drove it with a blown head gasket. Engine is pretty much toast. It has 308,000 miles on it. The aluminum wheels need to be refinished:eek::eek: The driver's seat is starting to wear on the outside edge and the headliner is pinned up. That's all I've seen so far. Just got it home less than a hour ago. I paid a whole $1000 for it. :eek::WTF: It's a 93 with a nv4500

IMG_1749_1.jpgIMG_1750_2.JPGIMG_1751_3.JPGIMG_1752_4.JPGIMG_1753_5.jpgIMG_1754_6.jpgIMG_1755_7.JPGIMG_1756_8.JPGIMG_1757_9.JPGIMG_1758_10.JPGIMG_1759_11.jpg

More Pics

I'm debating which engine to put in it. A brand new rebuilt 6.2 or the optimiser that is supposed to go in the 95 ext. cab w/90k. Or maybe just part it out:yikes::yikes::wtf:IMG_1760_12.JPGIMG_1761_13.JPGIMG_1763_15.JPGIMG_1764_16.jpgIMG_1765_17.JPGIMG_1766_18.JPG

That looks nice!! Good score Barry. No PMD's to hassle with. I'd be tempted to put the 6.2 in it unless you plan to DD it.

Don

NICE!!! That truck is almost perfect body wise! If it was me and I had a pile of extra engines, it would set a good engine in it and I might part out what ever truck you have sitting aroung that isn't that purdy.

Drop the complete 6.2 in it. No kitty, no computer, PCM or ECM to fry on you... Use red lock tight on the bolts when changing the flywheel...

Only debate you have is NA or turbo. Turbo is a little tight with 6.2 heads. :D

NICE!!! That truck is almost perfect body wise! If it was me and I had a pile of extra engines, it would set a good engine in it and I might part out what ever truck you have sitting aroung that isn't that purdy.

The 95 c2500 will die for the greater good:(:sad::svengo::smash::crazy::bye::wavey:

Drop the complete 6.2 in it. No kitty, no computer, PCM or ECM to fry on you... Use red lock tight on the bolts when changing the flywheel...

Only debate you have is NA or turbo. Turbo is a little tight with 6.2 heads. :D
It's a 93 nv4500 . No pcm at all. The 6.2 is just a long block. I haven't checked if it has the newer style heads with the injectors angled up. I will pull the heads anyhow for arp studs. I'm pretty shure I can come up with the right heads. Probbly reuse the ip that is on it now with new delphi injectors.
There is always the possibility that the engine in it is fixable[unlikely]. I'll know more after further examination.

Hats off to ya. Eleven 6.5's and a 6.2...

You need to sell a fella near me (1gmcfan) one of your orphans. He's trying to get out of his 2000 GMC 4.8 gasser.

I really like that truck! If I didnt already have too many irons in the fire and fish to fry I would try and talk you out of it - with profit for you of course.... So what state are you in???? :D

A update on today's findings.
I ran the vin through compnine. 4.10 gears[I would have liked 3.70 or 3.40 better]
This truck with 308k has all the original riveted in ball joints. The upper on the driver's side is very shot. The rest are tight. No movement when pryed in every direction. The pitman arm was loose on the steering shaft. Only other thing wrong in the front suspension was a broken/missing sway bar end link.
Got the wheels cleaned up some with steel wool. Have to take the rears off yet to get around the lug nuts and center cap. Should get them polished up tomorrow. No clear coat on these "Progressive " wheels. I'm already thinking about body color accents in the black part of the wheels. The tires are wore out ,so I will be taking the tires off the 95 c2500 that will be killed.
Both doors need new bushings and pins. A bunch more pics tomorrow.

Wow Barry, That is one clean truck. Almost impossible to find one that clean around your area. One to keep for sure. Other than the 410's I really like it. I know you don't really like the nv4500 but I think once you get used to it you will like it. I should have went and bought it. You have too many already.

A little more done today. I took all the wheels off. One of the puzzle locks on the driver's rear stripped out the puzzle:eek::mad2:A vice grip wouldn't grab it and a pipe wrench just plain wouldn't work. BFH and a chisel made it surrender:thumbsup: I got the wheels finished steel wooling and then polished with Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish followed by 2 coats of Wizzard's polish/sealant. They look much better than they did. Then I waxed the whole truck with the Wizzard's polish/sealant. Shined up pretty good except for where the clear coat is peeling/wore off. I'm going to pull the axles next and the hubs to check the rear brakes. None of the truck pics are after the wax job. Lots of underside shots before I unloaded it off the trailer and before and after the polish on the wheels.IMG_1767_1.JPGIMG_1768_2.JPGIMG_1769_3.JPGIMG_1770_4.JPGIMG_1771_5.JPGIMG_1772_6.JPGIMG_1773_7.JPGIMG_1774_8.jpgIMG_1775_9.JPGIMG_1776_10.JPGIMG_1777_11.JPGIMG_1778_12.JPG

Back