• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A new product consideration, your thoughts please?

Veg_Out

Walking J Designs
Reaction score
Friends,

One of the goals of Walking J is to provide a platform for other inventor's to market their products using our website. I especially enjoy putting together a platform for sales for people I've done business with before. Example, Heath Diesel and the A-Team.

An inventor who has become my friend over the years is Christopher Goodwin. He is the Seattle man who founded Frybrid. His designs are beautiful, and he has a new prototype that I wanted to check your interest in.

He has built a prefilter with an onboard warning sensors, warning system and valving that can warn the driver about a bad batch of fuel, and give the driver enough time to get it off the road and to a truckstop for filter change. I didn't know it before we'd started talking, but bad fuel is the number 1 culprit taking rigs off the road, generators offline etc.

Where it really makes itself valuable, is on rigs with very stringent fuel requirements, like the newer common rail stuff and OTR rigs. The device once installed becomes the primary fuel filter and catches the water and dirty fuel, until it becomes a restriction itself. Then, it triggers a warning in the cab, and bypasses itself, now using the standard fuel filter as primary filter. Now, the driver can change the FS-1's filter at his or her next convenient stop.

Or, in the situation of a boat, can take a few moments, get secure, then change the filter and move on. The device prevents your standard filter from clogging and causing a no-run event. Even 1 tow for a big rig pays for the device. And 2 injectors on a new truck pay for it, plus it's easier to change than the factory filter.

http://walkingjdesigns.myshopify.com...fe-fuel-filter

Thanks much,

Patrick

Mighty nice unit but awfully steep for us to bite on. I sure can see the advantage for the long hual guys though.

I see an advantage to it, for sure, but for those of us that only put 13k a year on the truck, $750 buys a lot of diesel and stock fuel filters.

I see an advantage to it, for sure, but for those of us that only put 13k a year on the truck, $750 buys a lot of diesel and stock fuel filters.

I agree. I can change my home made aux filter for $20 once a year and that's probably overdoing it. The amount I drive doesn't justify the expense.

I travel about 70k a year and i can't see spending that much on something that doesn't really do as much as i am doing now. I am using a Nicktane and will be installing the 1 micron replacement filter inplace of the OEM one.....

Back