• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A country boy racer from So Indiana!

countryboy69

Reaction score
Howdy y'all! Name is Junior! Been running 6.2/6.5s for years along with some idi 7.3s and several larger trucks. I like dropping diesel engines in things that never had them! I have built 2 67-72 chevy 4WDs with 6.2s, put a nissan i-6 diesel in a 1964 Econoline pick-up, and even some car conversions! My main passion is circle track racing. I run a UMP dirt Modified and a Salem speedway/CRA asphalt car. I also crew chief for other teams! But I am doing some research....I have been fighting the locals for years over my diesel of choice. You all know the usual..."its a converted gas motor"..."They will barely pull themselves"..."They wont even stay running". My 95 dually has shut down a LOT of that lately but its time to get ugly! My test mule this round will be a DB2 1992 6.2. Getting its first turbo! I have many different sets of precups and 4 different turbos. Working on a new turbo to come. I here many good things about the A-team turbo and I am not out to compete with you. Wish I had one to try as well or atleast a map to compare to what I am trying. I have searched for a map with no results. I do have at my disposal a very sophisticated engine comp program. It has been known to be very accurate. Just dynoed my race car motor and compared to the program......within .5%! Love that y'all are sharing the info you have found and I extend the use of my program(through me on here or email). I have been arguing with the locals for years over my 6.2/6.5s. Its time to shut them down with 2 of my rigs! One being a 1969 4WD Chevy on 44" Swampers! And the other a 1995 k3500 Dually Extcab. Another words one mechanical and one ecm controlled!

In the words of the late great Al Bundy.........Lets Rock!:D:thumbsup:

Glad to see you here Junior! Welcome to The Truck Stop!
I agree with Leo. Would love some pics of your projects and you should fill out your signature so we all know what you're running.
Heck, we even have a project section you could help us follow along with your next one.

:welcome8:

Welcome from Ohio, Junior. Sounds like you have a few things going on! :thumbsup: Projects projects. So little time. :D

More projects than time! But winter is here and that frees up a lot of time! My actual job is a paving and sealcoating business with my dad and a Bike shop I operate part time! Plus most extra time in summer is spent racing.

Back