• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 Tahoe 6.5 on ramps and cleaned underneath where are my leaks...

aLpHaSuRf

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Okay I have her up on metal ramps and used about 4 cans of brake cleaner and what a mess I made. But here are some pics. I don't know if these pictures are good. Being I just cleaned her in sure in another hour or two from now it might be easier to find the leaks due to the new drips. At least then I can find a round about area which they are coming from.

The PO I bought it from told me one leak is the harmonic balancer. But I have about three leaks. The one he told me about which is a small drip. The other is near rear of engine bay bottom not top of engine and its oil. Other is small drip of anti freeze I think it's greenish in color. I just took her down from the ramps cleaned the oil drip pan and now going to see where she is dripping from.

Okay since I cleaned her not one drip showing in the drip pan yet. Should I let her idle? Should I just let her sit? Maybe I somehow my leaks magically disappeared... Lmao

Back