• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

99 Sub rear wheel spacers...

steelydan

Reaction score
Anyone using these on a K2500 Suburban? A company in Oregon used to make them. They bolt on the stock studs and space rear wheels 2" or so wider on each side to match the fronts. Supposed to improve handling, prevent sway at highway speeds when changing lanes.

got 2"Fred spacer's on the 1 ton so the 265's don't rub....got 305/70/16's m/t on the burb with 3" lift and it don't sway in the turns....got a link to them?

I have had a set of 2" Correctrack steel spacers on my truck for about 5 years or more now. I put them on when I got the truck, so I can't say for sure if they changed anything except the looks.

I don't ever remember my '90 K3500 ever handling bad, though. I had no spacers on it. In fact, it handled about as well as my '89 Beretta GT did.

Personal opinion: I would stay away from the aluminum spacers. Heat changes from weather, driving and braking will allow the aluminum to shrink and expand a bit more than the steel ones. It probably would never cause a problem but the chances of a problem are alot greater than if you used steel ones. Corrosion is also an issue in some areas.

I've had the correctracs for about 7 years now...no issues...no understeer and more stable when towing...I believe they no longer manufacture them though...I would stay away from aluminum as well..still trying to find a source for steel spacers as I have numerous requests about them due to them being in my sig...

I had heard the same, Pepper. I had a choice on steel or aluminum and found out the material specs of both and decided I was much more comfortable with steel over aluminum. The steel was about 3x the price at the time if I remember right.

i have had over 15,000 pounds on the 2" from Fred's one the dually.... over some rough fields and haven't broke 1 off yet...broke a wheel but not the spacer...there steel...

i have had over 15,000 pounds on the 2" from Fred's one the dually.... over some rough fields and haven't broke 1 off yet...broke a wheel but not the spacer...there steel...

So no problem with 285's with the spacer? that would gear down to 3.73 they say. I'm thinking about it next time i need 6 new skins... prolly a year down the road

Back