• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

98 6.5f code problem

lsshewolf88

Reaction score
My 98 6.5f is thowing a code PO2036 It calls for turbo boost censor I just replaced it a day ago drove it , light went out now its back on calling same code again any 1 else ever have this issue ? I have replaced every thing on this truck but the turbo its self, just put new IP , timing gears ,chain, censors batteries, alternator, and wire to alternator, im not sure what can be causing this code also the code is a generic from auto zone so it has turbo boost censor , ECM , and some kind of circuit problem, but when I change out the turbo boost censor the light will go out so im inclined to think some thing is causing the censor to short circuit or some thing else is wrong that's the code it keeps messing with ? ty in advance for the help

I'll assume you meant to type p0236 and not p02036.

P0236 = Turbocharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

Since you changed the solenoid: test your vacuum pump output, check the vacuum actuator on the wastegate, check the vacuum lines for splits or cracks.

anther way to make sure your vacume pump is working... take belt off and spin the pump. does is have resistance on each rotation? Does it seem like it have vacume? If that works take a hose clamp and clamp down the turbo wastegate and take a short drive. Does the truck feel like it has more power? does the light go away? If both are yes time to HEATH for a turbo master.

I've had this code pop twice on my '98 Suburban. Both times were right after I had put the pedal to the floor while getting on I-70. I have a Heath TurboMaster, but I haven't had the dollars to do the ECM yet. Since I got the code only after I had REALLY stepped on it, I chalked it up to the computer's reading a boost pressure that was too high. My gauge pegs at 7 PSI at WOT. I feel like I've heard stock is supposed to max at 6. The Service Engine light went out after two or three more starts and hasn't come back. Just want to throw that out there as a possibility.

that's what it is. need a computer. the ecm doesn't like all the boost. you may want to head stud it if going over 14 psi. but I would worry about the troublesome light.

I've had this code pop twice on my '98 Suburban. Both times were right after I had put the pedal to the floor while getting on I-70. I have a Heath TurboMaster, but I haven't had the dollars to do the ECM yet. Since I got the code only after I had REALLY stepped on it, I chalked it up to the computer's reading a boost pressure that was too high. My gauge pegs at 7 PSI at WOT. I feel like I've heard stock is supposed to max at 6. The Service Engine light went out after two or three more starts and hasn't come back. Just want to throw that out there as a possibility.

Max is around 8-9 psi, may be touching 10 psi.

This is when TM set at 2.5 inches as specified in the instruction.

Boost Code is normal with TM at certain speed, as long as you don't go over and cause defueling.

Untitled-1_zps6d2ef242.jpg

Back