• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

97 silverado front seat 40/60 split with console broke rail ?

schiker

Reaction score
I have what I think is called a 40/60 split bucket with console front seat. Its a cloth siveraldo seat with manual adjustment. Driver's seat does have power lumbar. I think that is only fancy thing.

The passenger seat rail puked a few ball bearings, a roller? and a square clip thingy in the floor board. It seams loose on the outside front corner more so than before the break and is being picky about locking back into position.

What are options to fix it? Can any similar year/style GM 40/60 rail system be transferred to my seat? Any year specific to look at 95-99 or all years 89-99? Or should I look for a new used seat. They appear hard to come by rebuilt?

Any other aftermarket seat options that might allow more access to rear seat? A slide forward and tilt seat maybe????

By the way...
Anyone seen an aftermarket rear seat with better head protection from rear glass? My boys are getting taller and I am really disliking their head proximity to glass in a rear ended fender bender.

If it is the left side rail that busted, the might be the same from a bench, or a 60/40 unit from about 88 to 2000, Not sure on that though.

I am not that lucky its the farthest right rail. It is the style seat with a 2nd lever to release the back then when back of seat pivots forward it releases a secondary rail so the whole seat can slide fully forward for extra room to get into the rear seat (think that is what killed mine boys slamming it forward and rearward). Therefore I am thinking I have to get the ext cab 2 door seat just like my truck. Not just any 1500 with 3rd door or regular cab etc. uhhgg going to make the search a little bit harder. Or look into aftermarket whole new front seat. I would only go that route if it had a nice feature for rear entry or other neat variation.

Oh yeah, that is the way the seats in my 93 and the 91 Chevy and GMC worked too.
I would think that a seat rail from any extended cab, without the third door would be able to work.

According to a Youtube video. The seats seem to bolt to the risers/rails. I think the key description is EZ entry seat. Shop4seats dot com has decent looking seats options but rail system is to be desired with generic sub frames no independent adjustment etc or extra slide for passenger seat.

There are a few websites that offer repair kits for tightening the rail movement and am waiting to see what one says for a kit. But I think its more for power rails. Looking like a junkyard part fix. Might be able to buy a riser on a GMparts online source but its confusing which part to buy.

Back