• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

97 Air Cleaner Assy....

The worst part of the factory elbow is that it collapses that rubber boot you have there. It collapses it in a bend and it must be damn near closed.

Ok, a little slow, but here are the pictures of my updated airbox. Looks about the same as what tracy has already posted but...
DSC00261.jpg
DSC00262.jpg
DSC00263.jpg

I ended up using the stock AC filter and feel much better than using an oiled filter. The turbo noise is a bit quieter, but im happy. Diesel slug, i think you would be best using your stock 94' elbow for the box, it works quite nicely

Sounds like a plan, i will have to go out to a home de-pot sometime and get the sewer elbow, so i take it we found no better filter element than stock... That kinda stinks, i love the way it whistles right now......

Sure. You can use mandrel bent exhaust tube, and you can also get aluminum elbows. I don't know if you could get the exhaust in a tight enough radius, but I bet the aluminum wouldn't be hard to find.

Sounds like a plan, i will have to go out to a home de-pot sometime and get the sewer elbow, so i take it we found no better filter element than stock... That kinda stinks, i love the way it whistles right now......

The round filter has 2x the filter media area as the flat filter, I have cut both filters apart and measured. I believe the flat filter K&N only flows 30% more than a stock flat filter so the factory round filter will out flow the flat K&N by a lot, very cool.

Here are the pics of the filter and elbow. Lowes did not have the black stuff, or at least thats what the sales idiot said. So to make it fit you cut the female part off???

Attachments

• 7-8-2009 007.jpg
    7-8-2009 007.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 35
Here are the pics of the filter and elbow. Lowes did not have the black stuff, or at least thats what the sales idiot said. So to make it fit you cut the female part off???

I used the female end on the turbo side (rubber boot), and inserted the male end into the filter. The rubber boot should slide over the outside of the elbow.

Why didnt you just steal a piece of that duct work in the backround?? :D

I actually had some extra downstairs, but it just didnt have the right bend to it.. Otherwise i would have. Ia m on the lookout for a piece of something that looks more custom than the PVC.... Did you have to stretch the boot pretty good?? Seems like a stretch to me. the other end fits a little loosely in the filter, but it will work...

I actually had some extra downstairs, but it just didnt have the right bend to it.. Otherwise i would have. Ia m on the lookout for a piece of something that looks more custom than the PVC.... Did you have to stretch the boot pretty good?? Seems like a stretch to me. the other end fits a little loosely in the filter, but it will work...

For the filter end, I built up the diameter by adding electrical tape (very classy, i know) because i felt it was a little loose also. As for the rubber boot, if you are using the one that came with your 97+ airbox, then i dont know how easy it is gonna fit. I would suggest using the origonal elbow that came with your truck. The flat filter style boot worked well with my setup.

I tried it with the older flat box elbow. I gues si didnt try enough:confused:. Been super busy this week, guess i will double check it out this weekend...

SOrry, havent tried yet, been busy finding out i have two burnt pistons in my block that need replacing....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Well i was lookin through the FAQ's, i love that section, you find a new mod all the time. I found the removing snorkle mod. I am so going to do that when i finally get to my round intake. DO you guys think having fenders as rotted out as they are i will get water sucked in there? Thats what im worried about... Hopefully i can get some time tonight to do the snorkle mod and install my battery quick disconnects..

Well i was lookin through the FAQ's, i love that section, you find a new mod all the time. I found the removing snorkle mod. I am so going to do that when i finally get to my round intake. DO you guys think having fenders as rotted out as they are i will get water sucked in there? Thats what im worried about... Hopefully i can get some time tonight to do the snorkle mod and install my battery quick disconnects..

You still have a snorkle?!?!?!?! :eek:

Back